Thread: 1770 Trip

1770 Trip

Well this report is way over due but I need to post it and say thanks to Rob - Moejoes for a fantastic trip to the reefs
    I've never been to 1770 before and was excited by Robs offer to take me along a for a trip, I explained to Rob I was a bit inexperienced and was looking to learn a few things
    We set out for Fitzroy reef around midnight in a slight swell and set the anchor down safe within the reef lagoon for the night a couple of hours later
    Up early n we fished around Fitzroy picking up Trout n Red Throat parrot and some perch, ok I got Red Throat Rob got Trout, the weather was excellent n the fishing great we moved around and enjoyed the day. Robs a great guy and willing to share info with you about rigging and fishing techniques without making you feel like an idiot for not knowing something.
    We fished around Fitzroy for the day and back into the lagoon for the evening. Rob said he'd organise the food, now I'm not to bad on the tooth but he had enough good food on board for 10 men no joke. We had a bite to eat and a beer with Mic and crew who were up in his new Cat for the trip
    Day two was as good as the first around Fitzroy with similar results but as we worked our way south to Lady Musgrave we could find them but we couldn't get the Reds to chew
    We hooked up with Mic n the boys that night and Mic had targeted the Reds for the day getting some good fish in the box.
    As I laughed with a bunch of blokes I'd just met like we were old mates sitting in Lady Musgrave Lagoon having a beer, I thought how good is this shit.
    Day 3 was the best wether wise, we fished around Musgrave and with the box full Trout n Red Throat we headed back to 1770
    After the boat was cleaned Rod halved the catch by size species I'm still eating excellent fillets now
    I really had the trip of a lifetime to a place not many people get to experience so a big hats off to Rob
    Cheers
    Craig[ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: 1770 Trip

That's not a bad effort well done.

Hey mate .. You will be hooked on 1770 now and be counting the days till you get back ... Nice lot of trout you boys ended up with ..iam surprise rob took a photo for you (he is a nice guy) . The fishing was a bit tough that weekend ...
    it was good too meet you and always good to have a few beers at the end of the day with a good bunch of blokes in a place like that ...

slowly getting the cat sorted mate got the wheels on the trailer and moved a bit of weight around in the boat .. Cutting the ice box out this weekend .. See how that goes

cheers Mick
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Thanks for that Craig.
    Gotta love the raft up with others for a few beers & a laugh.
    You're always welcome.
    Cheers Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    Hey mate .. You will be hooked on 1770 now and be counting the days till you get back ... Nice lot of trout you boys ended up with ..iam surprise rob took a photo for you (he is a nice guy) . The fishing was a bit tough that weekend ...
    it was good too meet you and always good to have a few beers at the end of the day with a good bunch of blokes in a place like that ...

slowly getting the cat sorted mate got the wheels on the trailer and moved a bit of weight around in the boat .. Cutting the ice box out this weekend .. See how that goes

cheers Mick
    Hahhaahaha,
    Bloody tourists wanting photos taken whilst the fish are on the chew.
    That remind you of something last Easter when the Reds were on, Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Hahhaahaha,
    Barrrharrr ..Wasn't the Reds mate ..it was a Trout and they weren't on the chew .... Lol
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Hey Mick, all I remember coming from Rob was something like "put the bloody phone down & get those damn baits back in the water you knob" or words to that effect LOL

Thanks for the report Craig, sounds like you had a ball and Rob looked after you well as he always does. Good to catch up for a few beers while at 1770 Rob.
    Some nice reds Mick and good that your getting the boat sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Hahhaahaha,
    1 bloody pic n now I'll never live it down smh

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    Barrrharrr ..Wasn't the Reds mate ..it was a Trout and they weren't on the chew .... Lol
    Was still a fish and red

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Hey Mick, all I remember coming from Rob was something like "put the bloody phone down & get those damn baits back in the water you knob" or words to that effect LOL
    Nothing like that Tony.....I was very polite

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    1 bloody pic n now I'll never live it down smh
    It's ok Craig, you'll get use to it

Sounds like a top trip mate. Those raft ups can get outta control at times with the beer esky empty in the morn followed by a late start then a headache.lol Been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Only way to do it, one reason I have virtually no on water pics.