Thread: Truth reels

Truth reels

Just got a couple of these delivered.

I figure if im not catching fish, i can look at how pretty they are.

http://www.truthreels.com/products/t...e-smoke-silver

Re: Truth reels

Hi Koastal, had a look at their site, some pages were not finished yet so it looks like they are a young startup company, they only have a very limited amount of info regarding the reels themselves as in how many bearings, what type/qty of drag washers, gears,clicker, floating spool, anodizing ect.

I assume that the $250 listed on the site was in US$? What sort of price in AU$ did it end up costing you to bring them over?

They look interesting but not sure how they compare against the Avets, Penn Fathoms ect.The biggest concern that I have with small reels that that have a decent amount of drag is whether or not if you do hook something large say a decent tuna, GT Travelly, ect., can the reel disperse the heat from the drag quickly enough on the high settings and not suffer from shuddering or become jerky on a long drawn out run.

I would be interested to know how they perform once you test them out.

Cheers

Been around for a while.. Used to be known as Release Reels. A copyright issue required a name change.

$330 delivered. I have an Avet which is very similar but is over 12 years old now

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Nice. Never heard of them but the reviews are mostly positive and made in usa is cool. Might make a good reel for reds