Thread: Rouse Channel 07.04.16 (here ya go Seahorse)

Rouse Channel 07.04.16 (here ya go Seahorse)

Finally got the boat back into the water after a four month lay off due to weather, work, taking the caravan away etc, called the old man told him to get his previously dug and salted down worms ready as we are heading to the Rouse in the morning.

Left Manly a 06:00 had a lumpy run over but it flattened out as the day went on, quite a few boats turned up too as the day went on I suspect that this is because it was still school holidays. Around 10:30 dad said that he was down to his last piece of worm and as he pulled the last Whiting for the morning in a nice big Tiger Squid followed it up.

We quickly cut the hooks and sinkers of our lines and put squid jigs on, the next hour produce a lot of laughs and entertainment as the squid did their best to cover me dad and the boat in as much ink as they could.

We ended up with 45 Whiting of good size and 6 nice Tiger Squid for the morning and were back at the ramp at midday, so all in all we managed a good feed for the family and had some great laughs whilst playing with the squid.

It took a while to clean the boat though thanks for the hand dad.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160407_124650.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	112831
    Cheers Axl

Re: Rouse Channel 07.04.16 (here ya go Seahorse)

Great stuff AXL. Cant beat that mate. Looks like i need a trip over there

Re: Rouse Channel 07.04.16 (here ya go Seahorse)

A great feed there well done