Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1 thing that peeves you about fishing

1 thing that peeves you about fishing

Right there are a lot of thing that can get to you about fishing, feel free to share don't repeat an answer just like it if you think the same. Number your complaint and then it can be filed into the AS IF ANYBODY GIVES A F BASKET. i will start
    1. Lures where the rear hook is able to entangle the front hook. A thing done by lots of good brands have fault in

Re: 1 thing that peeves you about fishing

1) When the conditions and spare time line up perfectly, a long day trip planned and all goes smoothly only to find all the fish have taken the day off

2) Mates who show up an hour late to the ramp

3) surfers around the bar.

The fact that sometimes, a fish which has a brain smaller than a pea, can outsmart you.

No 1. Definitely launching locally on Port Philip Bay in Summer to chase a few Snapper or Whiting, and spending 3 hrs on the water...and then spending over 3.5 hrs waiting back at the ramp to retrieve the boat! Never again!
    Victoria's boating facilities are just pathetic!

No 2. Forking out big dollars at EVERY suburban Melbourne ramp for said pathetic facilities! Is it any wonder I trail the boat interstate - where the wait is minimal, and the ramps are free?

No 3. The sheer amount of boating newbies at the ramps who have no concept of launching and retrieving - and refuse any offers of help or advice, and get snippy or just plain aggro!

driving to fishing spot from ramp is the only negative part of a fishing day for me.

Dickheads that decide to buzz past you so close when anchored that you could poke a stick at them, when they have the whole frickin ocean to give you some room...
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

This one happened yesterday
    Waiting for fish to come to the surface and when they do having a boat drive straight over the top of them and never seeing the fish again

Robfish, wow that sucks. I will add that to my list of why I am glad not to be a Victorian, lol

Having to pull the boat out of the water and go home.

Getting out fished by my 6yr old daughter with her little pink Dora rod baited with bubblegum.

Weekend warriors and blowflies.

Quote Originally Posted by enjoyfishing View Post
    Robfish, wow that sucks. I will add that to my list of why I am glad not to be a Victorian, lol
    Yup. That and bugga all fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    Having to pull the boat out of the water and go home.
    Oh dear! I could make a comment about how much I also hate 'pulling out' and going home...but that could be considered vulgar, so I won't!

Quote Originally Posted by dogg15 View Post
    Getting out fished by my 6yr old daughter with her little pink Dora rod baited with bubblegum.
    My excuse for my own kids outfishing me, (and the missus, more often than not), is the expert tuition they received from me in the first place!

Bad weather and everyone at the boat ramp.