Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1 thing that peeves you about fishing

Re: 1 thing that peeves you about fishing

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    What's wrong with a beer flavored popsicle......
    don't laugh, this is a serious problem when ice fishing here in the states. I have to keep my beer in pockets under my parka. when it gets down there you can't set it on the ice, it will freeze and push a column of frozen foam up out of the top- literally a beer popsicle. you have to really pound them down or you waste have of it to ice.
    you should see the store clerks when you ask them for a warm carton to go.
    standing on a bridge
    watching water rushing under-
    neath it must have been much harder
    when there was no bridge just water

Double dipping fishing regulations, that limit your equipment, but also limit your catch. It should be one or the other, not both.

When the stars align, the weather and moons are on, you have the day off and none of your deckies can go.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Anchoring up on a spot in Moreton Bay, getting the berley going and then having a couple of knobs on jet skis come tearing right past within about 10m of you

Bloody squid Ink...bastards are vandals and graffiti artists rolled into one.
    I swear they have a way of knowing what is new or old, and aim for the new stuff everytime.
    I;ve been known to conduct a public lynch mob type trial onboard for certain squid...some of them deserve the death penalty immediately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tackle companies that keep putting all the great new fishing gear on the market that I need to have.

Let me see, firstly jet skis, going to my drift my favourite bank to flick for flathead and it has so many crab pot floats It looks like the lanes at the local public pool, drifting across the reefs at mud island and boats will fly past 20 metres away and then wave hello to you!!, are they serious lol? , and people fishing from boat ramp pontoons, and people who see you casting towards a sand bank but drive their boat between you and the bank, and finally wind, hate the wind..

All the above, Oh wait, also starting to read Ausfish posts and being late to go fishing, gotta go!

Without question, getting your drift on the money, hooking up, then someone (or more) motoring over to where you hooked up... and dropping anchor with as much noise as humanly possible. Oh, the joys of fishing Harry's.

Plurry Catfish moving in on your Whiting Territory just when your into a good batch of the little beggars ..

I hate when you have cast your arms off without a touch. You are using a lure with THREE trebles - and when a fish finally hits it misses every hook.

Why not focus on the positives instead? I will start, A cold VB on the beach at Fraser Island after bagging a few Tailor (before breakfast )

I think the Great Northern Brewing Co crisp lager is a good breakfast beer...

Quote Originally Posted by NEW HORIZONS View Post
    Why not focus on the positives instead? I will start, A cold VB on the beach at Fraser Island after bagging a few Tailor (before breakfast )
    O.K. Days like yesterday where I caught 3 GTs in 4 cast, moved on to something different, landed a tuna that have been getting in the river on plastic which was deliberately targetted, move on for a crack at a jew, got a small one and a tailor, mored on again 2 flathead, one 72 the other 74 and finally was going to have a go at popping some whiting but said stuff that I am getting hungry. Back at home 9.30 ,boat washed, eating bacon & eggs. BUT SADLY what PEEVES ME is why can't every day be like this?
    Finally I think drinking and fishing are 2 different sports and it is hard to try and excel at one when your concentrating on the other.

Knobs on the bus taking loudly on their phone.

Sometimes I think about it when I'm fishing. Or right now when I'm on the bus...