Thread: Saturday 9th around the Rous

Saturday 9th around the Rous

Went for another fish on Saturday morning left Raby Bay about 6:45 am went straight up to the chain banks and by 11:00 am we had our fill. The tidal run had almost stopped and the fishing slowed right up. Had a bit of a troll north in the deeper water while we had some lunch and then headed home with 98 keepers.
    Boat washed fish cleaned all by about 2:30 pm another great day on the bay great weather and a flat run home.
    All fish caught on squid strips and treated beach worms all from Mossop's.

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3873 (608x1024).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	112825   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3875 (1024x387).jpg 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	112826   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3881 (1024x458).jpg 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	112827  

Re: Saturday 9th around the Rous

Well done. They look like decent quality as well. Its shaping up as a good winter whiting year ahead.

no squid around to bother you?😄
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Well done. They look like decent quality as well. Its shaping up as a good winter whiting year ahead.

no squid around to bother you?
    Had a few squid follow the whiting up to the boat on the last trip but didn't see any this time. Last time I had no squid jig and this time I had a rod set up ready Typical hey.

Thats a good feed. 98? Couldnt u catch another 2 ? Lol

Are they the banks just to the right of harrys that lead up to the red beacon?
    I use to go to the red beacon and work my way back towards manly.

What was the aveage size. Its a pain for us now that we dont have the jet skis anymore. We use to leave from clontarf and be at the rous in 30 mins.

The comp bouy and mouth of bris river just doesnt fish well anymore as the trawlers give that area a real hammering( barstards).

Looks like a drive to manly, just a long drive and tolls if not on.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Thats a good feed. 98? Couldnt u catch another 2 ? Lol

Are they the banks just to the right of harrys that lead up to the red beacon?
    I use to go to the red beacon and work my way back towards manly.

What was the aveage size. Its a pain for us now that we dont have the jet skis anymore. We use to leave from clontarf and be at the rous in 30 mins.

The comp bouy and mouth of bris river just doesnt fish well anymore as the trawlers give that area a real hammering( barstards).

Looks like a drive to manly, just a long drive and tolls if not on.
    Yeah thats the chain bank we didn't measure them but I have to say they were the best size wise we have got for years. Oh and towards the end we did throw back 4 or 5 that were smaller along with half a dozen small flathead and 4 or 5 grinner.

Mark