Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1770 April/May.

1770 April/May.

Anyone heading to 1770 for ANZAC day or Labour day long weekend? I'll be up there for Labour day weather permitting.

Re: 1770 April/May.

yea mate as soon as there is a 3-4 day window im going cheers scott
    happy days ahead summer is coming

I'll be around out there somewhere.

Hey mate, I'm keeping a close eye on the weather, all going to plan I hope to be there from about 18th to 26th. Mark

Heading up that way on the 23rd.

you guys are locals relative to me, what do you make of the weather forecast?

Quote Originally Posted by fishtragic View Post
    you guys are locals relative to me, what do you make of the weather forecast?
    This site will tell you all you need to know and some, just spend some time mucking around with it.

https://www.windyty.com/?2016-04-20-....458,151.902,9

For the record weather looks ok with 5- 15 knots for the duration of your trip.
    Based on the current forecast that is ...

I will post up a forecast on the 22nd.... if I remember.

I use Buoyweather Premium which by all accounts is pretty accurate.

here is the current forecast for Fitzroy Lagoon.

Wednesday 4/13
    Morning
    Windy conditions with choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Small short period wind waves.
    Seas: ENE 1.5 meters at 7 seconds
    Winds: SE 16 to 22 knots

Afternoon
    Windy conditions with choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Small short period wind waves.
    Seas: ENE 1.8 meters at 7 seconds
    Winds: ESE 18 to 25 knots
    Thursday 4/14
    Morning
    Windy conditions with choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Moderate short period wind waves.
    Seas: E 2.1 meters at 7 seconds
    Winds: ESE 19 to 25 knots

Afternoon
    Windy conditions with choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Moderate short period wind waves.
    Seas: ESE 2.1 meters at 7 seconds
    Winds: ESE 20 to 26 knots
    Friday 4/15
    Morning
    Seas: ESE 1.9 meters at 7 seconds
    Winds: SE 17 to 23 knots

Afternoon
    Seas: ESE 1.7 meters at 7 seconds
    Saturday 4/16
    Morning
    Breezy whitecapping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Small short period wind waves.
    Seas: ESE 1.4 meters at 7 seconds
    Winds: ESE 11 to 15 knots

Afternoon
    Breezy whitecapping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Small short period wind waves.
    Seas: ESE 1.3 meters at 7 seconds
    Winds: SE 12 to 16 knots
    Sunday 4/17
    Morning
    Light winds with a slight chop. Small short period wind waves.
    Seas: ESE 1.2 meters at 7 seconds
    Winds: ESE 10 to 13 knots

Afternoon
    Seas: ESE 1.1 meters at 7 seconds
    Winds: ESE 9 to 12 knots
    Monday 4/18
    Morning
    Seas: ESE 0.9 meters at 10 seconds
    Winds: ESE 10 to 13 knots

Afternoon
    Seas: ESE 0.9 meters at 9 seconds
    Winds: ESE 10 to 14 knots
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hey mate, I'm keeping a close eye on the weather, all going to plan I hope to be there from about 18th to 26th. Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by FINICKY View Post
    Anyone heading to 1770 for ANZAC day or Labour day long weekend? I'll be up there for Labour day weather permitting.
    Guys, just remember there is a shallow area in the channel between the last Red Buoy and the Green buoy at the bar... heading out. Keep on the plane and be extra careful over the low tide during this period of the moon.

If in doubt, call up the VMR and ask Josie about this.

Any further info you need send Ausfish member ozynorts ( Haydn ) a pm he lives there and will be a great contact point for all sorts of info.

cheers LP

Koastal, thanks for that site mate. Haven't seen that one before. Thanks Phil, you answered my next question about the bar at the moment. Do any of you guys know a bloke that lives at 1770 named Don? Can't remember his surname, but he's fairly unmistakable. Probly 6'6" long hair, 40ish, commercial skipper. I worked with him at Gladstone for a couple of years but lost contact. I'd like to catch up with him if anyone knows if he's still in town. How do I find Ausfishers when we're there? Do you guys have a particular radio freq. you use, are your callsigns your Ausfish names?

Koastal, thanks for that site mate. Haven't seen that one before. Thanks Phil, you answered my next question about the bar at the moment. Do any of you guys know a bloke that lives at 1770 named Don? Can't remember his surname, but he's fairly unmistakable. Probly 6'6" long hair, 40ish, commercial skipper. I worked with him at Gladstone for a couple of years but lost contact. I'd like to catch up with him if anyone knows if he's still in town. How do I find Ausfishers when we're there? Do you guys have a particular radio freq. you use, are your callsigns your Ausfish names?
    I know a Don at Agnes... he is the local Scuba Diver / instructor ????

Anyway.... most Ausfishers have the Ausfish sticker on their boat.

A lot of Ausfish members have their details recorded by the VMR there, under their Ausfish name.

Round Hill Marine Rescue is the moniker.

You'll have to ask the VMR which channel is working best in the area you want to travel to.

cheers LP

Yeah, sounds like him Phil, thanks. He said he used to drive a charter boat there, I think it was a dive boat as well. I'll track him down if I ever get there. My plans just turned to manure. Can't get away from work, at least not for another week or more. Probably get there with the next blow with my luck. To say I'm frustrated at the moment is a huge understatement.

Forecast for Fitzroy Lagoon area

Thursday 4/21
    Morning
    Seas: ESE 1.3 meters at 6 seconds
    Winds: SE 13 to 18 knots

Afternoon
    Seas: ESE 1.2 meters at 6 seconds
    Winds: ESE 13 to 17 knots
    Friday 4/22
    Morning
    Seas: E 1.1 meters at 7 seconds
    Winds: SE 10 to 14 knots

Afternoon
    Seas: E 1.1 meters at 9 seconds
    Winds: ESE 11 to 14 knots
    Saturday 4/23
    Morning
    Seas: ESE 1.2 meters at 4 seconds
    Winds: SSE 15 to 21 knots

Afternoon
    Seas: ESE 1.4 meters at 5 seconds
    Sunday 4/24
    Morning
    Very windy with large choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Moderate short period wind waves.
    Seas: ESE 2.6 meters at 8 seconds
    Winds: SE 22 to 30 knots

Afternoon
    Very windy with large choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Moderate short period wind waves.
    Seas: ESE 2.6 meters at 8 seconds
    Winds: SE 23 to 31 knots
    Monday 4/25
    Morning
    Seas: ESE 2.5 meters at 8 seconds
    Winds: ESE 21 to 28 knots

Afternoon
    Seas: ESE 2.7 meters at 8 seconds
    Winds: ESE 22 to 30 knots

Not looking like great weather at this point. Hopefully it settles down for Labour Day long weekend.

Bloody weather