Thread: A week at Leslie Dam

Talking A week at Leslie Dam

Morning All
    This report is a week old. Only got aroung to posting it now. With the extra RDO'S we were headed to Leslie Dam for 9 days. The trip did not start out well , flat battery on the old girl meant we could not tilt the motor up to get her out the garage .Got that sorted then we were on our way on Good Friday. Suprisingly the traffic was fairly good , so ended up getting to Lake Leslie Tourist Park at a decent time. Unpacked at the cottage and put the battery on charge .
    Being Easter we expected the Dam to be busy with Jet Ski's , Skiing boats etc , so the plan for the first few days was to relax , drink copious quantities of alcohol with our hosts and do a bit of exploring. With all the Easter crowd gone , Tuesday was the day to get the old girl wet. The fog was that thick , we were reduced to doing 3 Knots. As the fog lifted , it turned into a beatiful day . The fishing was a bit slow , only about three keepers, when one of the lines began to run.( Sorry should have mentioned , we were trolling.) I had Adam (Our host and his son Roman ) on board and Adam was first one to reach the rod. By this time the reel was almost spooled, so pulled in the other lines and started to chase whatever was on the other end . Adam stated it was a dead weight with not much happening , so we had a quess at a decent sized cod. Did not take long to bring the fish to the surface . We both went apeshit when we saw a balltearer of a cod about 1100mm or 1200 mm.( No photo's , sorry ). Started to get our shit together so we could get photo's of her in the water , as did not want to bring her on board. The bitch had other idea's , as she seemed to give us a look ,as if to say @@@@ you pair , then she rolled over and twang went the line . I am glad Roman had his fingers in his ears at the time , because I am sure we exhausted our combined knowlege of profanities.
    Anyway without boring you anymore, we made up for it in the next few days, with some nice fish being caught.
    As usual had a great time , and cannot wait to get out there again.
    Thanks for reading.
    ShawnClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	112782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2263.jpg 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	112783Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2260.jpg 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	112784Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2259.jpg 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	112785

PS Sorry should of said , all fish were caught with 6lb mono , together with Jackal TN 60 in gold colour.

Re: A week at Leslie Dam

hey shawn nice looking cod. I got my first legal cod at leslie.

Re: A week at Leslie Dam

Great report thanks for posting.