Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat Distractant??

Cat Distractant??

Find a previouse neighbours cat has moved back into the area after the neighbours moved away and tend to like sleeping in my Boat!!, find it disgusting and want to know if anyone has any good remedies to keep the cat away ??..
    Apart from cruelty that is ..
    Have made application to Council for a Cat trap but i am in a waiting list which could take some time..
    Otherwise if it persisits then !!!!...

Re: Cat Distractant??

Might be a bit fiddly but a programmable timer for a water mist in the boat every hour for a few minutes at a time. Eventually it will find somewhere better.
    Masters has a good timer for $50 and pick up some water reticulation fittings.

So it's abandoned and feral ????

Spray citronella around your boat. PS friggen hate cats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard the citronella might do the job??, years ago when i was a tad more hardy and not so soft and there were the metal garbage bins it was a common practice to lure the moggy over with a bit of fish or whatever , place the moggy in the bin and bash shyte outa the bin for five minutes and gauranteed the moggy would never step foot on your soil again but become a tad soft in me old age and dont wanna be cruel in any way ..
    Will try the citronella and see how it goes?? , any certain mixture in the spray bottle or straight up??..

I can lend you my dog. Cats always underestimate his jumping ability and he plucks them off the top of fences or out of trees.

He doesn't hurt them. Just carries them to his bed and licks them for HOURS while they try unsuccesfully to claw his face off.

When he eventually gets bored the cat looks like.... well it looka like a dog has licked it for a few hours, they don't come back.

In my younger days, I was known to drag some pussy back to my bed and lick it for hours too...
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Snail pellets I have been told.

Head shot .22 hollow point - definitely not cruel - instant lights out

Not sure how effective, but I have been told fire a warning shot to the head and the problem goes away?
    AB

how about the good old water bottle ward? lol
    otherwise try wildlife hotline pending where you are, they normally help the problem or rspca

You need to feed the poor cat some milk with aspirin in it.

buy a cat trap on ebay, also good for possums

Mixed some citronella, eucolyptus , lemon , lavender , n water in a spray bottle. Sprayed boat , two days now n no cat !!..Too early to tell ??? , will wait n see till the Council sez to go pick up CatTrap ..