Thread: New to Moreton Bay Fishing

New to Moreton Bay Fishing

Hi Guys,

I moved to the North lakes area a few years ago so i still consider myself new to the area. I have some fishing experience (mostly NSW and land based) but still consider myself a novice especially to the species and areas here. I bought a 5.3m half cabin bot with 90hp motor a year or two ago and have been slowly learning my way with boating and around the Bay mostly off Bribie Island, Redcliffe Peninsular and the Pine River. I have struggled so far find good fishing spots and have good catches.

I am keen to get out more and get into some of the bigger species / pelagics as well as learn the area better and improve on technique.

I am looking to join a Boat or Fishing Club in the area that may cater for someone like me. I am no professional and I am looking to meet up with like minded people to go out with and learn. I know there a few clubs close by but I am not sure if they are more for just bigger boats or land based only etc.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Re: New to Moreton Bay Fishing

Can't recommend a club but there's reasonable fishing along the inside of Moreton Island

Thanks PixieAU, yep have been giving that a crack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troll around with a sounder (new Lowrance Ti is great or dragonfly), you'll find them,
    otherwise, northeast of mud island is always great if you're to lazy to hunt,
    pine river near high tide at night and you'll get your jacks and grunter fish, do careful there too many crab pot in pine river lol... those floating don't glow lol
    cape of Moreton bay is great, soft plastic, just lets the boat drift away
    anywhere between Tangalooma and crab island is a good to catch
    art reef is good to start
    around peel island good too. most sharks lol

but hey, fishing has it up and down, someday it good, someday it bad.... land base... I find Brisbane isn't so good, gold coast is better for that.. well tweet heads
    anyway give those spot ago... see how you do

Thanks mitc69!