Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery purchase

Re: Battery purchase

To be honest its not a great concern of mine. Its a battery, not really a big purchase in the grand scheme of things. Any batteries I have had fail, have failed for a reason, my Dekas, as disappointed as I am with them, were out of warranty anyway so would have made no difference. I can understand your point of view with the buying local thing, but for a purchase like a battery, I am not really going to lose much sleep worrying about a warranty claim, and am happy to have saved a few bucks.

Cheers

I bought 110A/H AGM deep cycle batt today.
    Bought from budget value batteries.
    $225 and $125 for 15amp charger both with full 2 yr warranty.
    The guy's name is Peter and a nice bloke to talk to.
    He sells from his house at Everton hills.

Price was 2 good. The 125 A/H was $245 but it was 2 long for me

Cheers
    Greg

Thanks for the info. I'm torn between cheap and cheerful, or price and maybe quality. I contacted Peter to compare his product to Aussie Batteries, and his 125AH battery, and his is 6kg heavier. I think that maybe Aussie are budget and maybe over stating their batteries I dunno. Jury is deliberating heh.

Is Aussie up the coast?
    If so I spoke to them yesterday and their 125A/H for $249 is only 12 months warranty. That's it, no prorata time.
    Budget is full 2 yrs , 100%.

I read on here by one of Ausfish members and Peter confirmed with me yesterday that this guys battery shit itself after 18 months and he got it replaced with brand new battery and another 2 yr warranty.

That's not bad service at all. Pretty damn good I think

Greg

Can you give any info re the 15A charger you bought from him? I might be interested in getting one if its the right kind etc

edit: dont worry, i just emailed him to ask.

Would be interested to know how yours works though, given the problems you had with the other one!
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Moonlighted
    I put charger on yest arvo, just turned it off at 2pm.
    Fully charged, not even Luke warm.
    Hopefully ok.
    I thought $125 for 15amp was fair enough when u compare it to the shit at super cheap.
    The worst thing about the super cheap one, was after I told him that it did not charge and got extremely hot, the bloke asked whether I had the box. I said why.

He said because it would take a week to charge with the 10amp 7 stage charger and getting that hot is normal and he would just put it back on the shelf.

After that, they will never get another dollar of my money.

What a clown

Thanks for starting this thread Seahorse. Just picked up a 110AH today from him. Great to deal with.

All good Julian

Rats! You got the last 15A charger he had! New stock will come in but price goes up a lot.....
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Sorry mate.
    surely he can do for similar price. He is getting more sales now.

I would put it on him.

I've been using CAT batteries for maybe 8 years (from machinery maker Caterpillar) and they are excellent. There's a large range of sizes/capacities and they are available at Hastings Deering outlets all over the place, wherever there is CAT equipment. I use the 100amp/hour dual purpose (deep cycle and cranking) batteries for the Minn Kota and they last 3-4 years at about $170 each. They're a high quality, maintenance-free lead acid battery designed for the rigours of heavy earthmoving machinery. The caravan crowd can sniff out a deal and they've been onto them for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Sorry mate.
    surely he can do for similar price. He is getting more sales now.

I would put it on him.
    Update: he found one. Going to pick it up today. 😉

Lucky, you. Moonlighter

i donrt like the idea of lead acid batteries in a boat. It always worried me but now i have an AGM Deep cycle