Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery purchase

Battery purchase

I think i will buy a deep cycle fully enclosed battery.

When i bought my mim kota the bloke at northside said the acid , deep cycle would be fine.

It has always worried me as the battery is up front and eventhough well secured, but just a thought of it coming detached.

Should had paid the extra a got a sealed deep cycle.

I was just going to get 105 A/H as its only for the min kota I pilot.

So where do i go and get the best deal.

I saw the add for Kick ass 120/A/H for $389.

Please let me know.

cheets
    greg

Re: Battery purchase

I'm in the market for 2x125AH AGM Deep Cycles for my 24v 80lb Minn Kota to replace my old batteries. Best deal I've found is www.aussiebatteries.com.au $229 each.

Take a look at http://www.aussiebatteries.com.au/ba...-cycle-battery

They're at the Sunshine Coast, which is fine cause I'm northside anyway.

Cheers Fillet

Dam that's cheap
    Cheers

Steven

Yeah i just checked it out. Sure cheap for 125 A/H.
    12 months full warrenty and 5 year pro rata. Just like the others.
    Kick ass was $389 for a 120 A/H i think.

might have to grab one of these. They are up the coast. Might just have to take a drive

Greg, get onto this bloke, his name is Peter. http://hookedonadventure.com.au/Batteries.php
    He has a warehouse at Bribie, but makes a trip to Redcliffe every Saturday from memory so u can meet up with him.
    I have bought a few batteries from him in the past.
    I paid $175 for my deep cycle 105ah leccy batt from Peter.
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Thanks Dean. That proce of $185 is pretty good.

I was after the sealed AGM. I have an acid deep cycle and always worried the thing may break the clamp, and spill acid everywhere. At least with the sealed AGM they can turnover, whatever.

I should had bought this in the beginning but the bloke from northside marine sold me the other.

cheers
    greg

Found a battery
    125A/H $245 AGM deep cycle
    Battery Value batteries
    2 year warranty
    Brisbane based
    Anyone know them?

He is honest and stands by his product I had one of his deep cycles fail after 18 months and replaced no quibbles and new battery came with full 2 year warranty,Only problem for me is that he is 60k away.
    Cheers
    Ray

I think he is at Everton hills in brisbane.
    I will get one tomorrow, prob a charger as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    I think he is at Everton hills in brisbane.
    I will get one tomorrow, prob a charger as well.
    Please keep us updated with how you go. If you have a positive experience I won't be far behind you. He has excellent prices.

He appears very helpful in a couple emails from him today

I bought a couple myself today. A 130 ah 1000cca dual purpose AGM and a 150 ah house battery. Bought one from a bloke in Adelaide and one from Melbourne but both offerred free freight. I have always gone for the dearer us better philosophy but not any more. I just had to replace a Deka Intimidator that was buggerred (and the other one is on its way out), and they are not even two years old. Not good enough for $500 batteries imho. I think I paid $320 for the dual purpose and around the same for the house battery which I thought was ok. If anyone wants to know where from, let me know and I will look it up. Cheers

I prefer to buy local, so if something goes wrong i can take it back to their doorstep.

I think this blokes prices are pretty good woth 2 year warranty.

The bloke up at Kawana had for same price but only gave a 12 month warranty.

Problem with buying from not your hime town is if you have a warranty claim is that you have to return to place of purchase at your own expense and not all carriers will take batterys unless 0n pallet
    Cheers
    Ray