Thread: Moreton Bay (north) 2 April 2016

Moreton Bay (north) 2 April 2016

Launched from Scarborough around 5am and headed straight across to the beacons. Bay was glass from about half way across.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1130.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	112742

Surprisingly not as many boats around as I expected for that time. I guess alot probably headed further afield with the lovely conditions.

Picked up a few livies and tried some slugs but without success. Tried another beacon and picked up a 70cm schoolie.

Went across to Curtin Reef but too many boats and way too many divers. You know you're gonna struggle when you see divers' air bubbles coming up around where your bait is. Actually was a bit pissed off with this situation. They turned up after me and unlike other fisherman, their impact is not limited to a small perimeter around their boat (not to mention the constant screaming and yelling, loud music and bombs into the water around their boat). Wasted my time and money thawing out some bait for today. Seems mid-week is probably a better option. Anyway, I'll leave it at that.

Headed across to Tangalooma and managed to pick up one small squid. Then back to the beacons and picked up a second 70cm schoolie.

My quickest trip back to the ramp with beautiful conditions all the way back across the bay and no waiting at the ramp!

Not a bad day out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1133.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	112743

Re: Moreton Bay (north) 2 April 2016

Great early morning pic.
    great days,

Re: Moreton Bay (north) 2 April 2016

So you caught a single squid at Tangalooma. I haven't seen squid there in way too long. Anyone know why ? Used to get heaps.

Nice macs though !