Another great day on the bay... up at 4.30 not to fish though had to pick the missus up at the airport, went past Manly harbour on the way and it was super busy, a boat every 150 metres or so going out in the dark (amazing how many boats have got dodgey lighting).
Dropped Missus off had a bite to eat then headed out, first stop Harry's, couple of drifts, couple of grinners, no chance of getting a drift near any structure, then on to the spoil ground a bit further out... again too many boats anchored.
So I thought I'd have a look at the deep water near Amity, but on the way through the Rouse up comes a 'bubblin crude'... macs that is ....Texas Tea.... anyway fastest 2 macs ever caught and landed on a soft plastic ever. The school was small but active and were going out with the tide. I lost them pretty quick when I had to detour around a couple of boats that were anchored fishing. Got enough fish for the family to eat tonight and headed through the bar via the closest channel to the beach (not sure what it's called), an easy run out and spectacular blue water outside, continued up to around Adder rock area then turned around staying just outside the first gutter riding a few waves in until nearly breaking. The poor old fishermen on the beach,,, if only they could cast another 50metres there were trevally running, and what I assume were tailor too, beautiful clear water, stopped off at the newly formed island just off Amity for a swim and to cool off then back home... beautiful day and to my relief not a shark in sight...