Thread: Kimberley and NT info needed

Question Kimberley and NT info needed

I have posted in other threads here abouts, but for now.

I will be in the Manangoora / Kingfisher Camp area at the end of April .

Also up at Cape Crawford after that.

And then up at Honeymoon Bay / Beagle Bay / Cape Leveque area around mid May

any and all info relating to fishing / crabbing etc would be appreciated.

I will obviously be traveling through other places enroute, so if you have any info about any place up that way. please share.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Kimberley and NT info needed

I'm sure there is plenty of info will be coming your way but if you are at Cape Crawford then do visit the lost city, the car park is not far from the highway, about half a km and a short walk after that. Worth visiting.

It has been many years since I have been to Cape Leveque Phill, but it will blow your mind. Heaps of crabbing in the creeks there and if you have a boat the fishing is insane.
    Make sure you go and visit the Cygnet Bay Pearl farm. http://www.cygnetbaypearls.com.au/
    One thing to keep in mind is to get the inside info keep the locals onside.
    We used to go up there quite a lot when I was young and I still have great memories. Caught some insane fish, saw humpbacks breaching and the reef systems are pristine.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

hi phil
    just got back to Tassie after a couple of years based in broome. watch the handbags. flat rock at willies creek for all sorts. the broome jetty can turn it on, even under the jetty off the rocks. crab creek is also worth a look. lots of fish get sharked from the boats fishing the reefs. mudcrabs from the mangroves at low tide. talk to the locals
    cheers
    blaze

Quote Originally Posted by blaze View Post
    hi phil
    just got back to Tassie after a couple of years based in broome. watch the handbags. flat rock at willies creek for all sorts. the broome jetty can turn it on, even under the jetty off the rocks. crab creek is also worth a look. lots of fish get sharked from the boats fishing the reefs. mudcrabs from the mangroves at low tide. talk to the locals
    cheers
    blaze
    I'll be down your way in late September. Spending about 10 days in the Apple isle

cheers
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

If you get to middle lagoon, plenty of mackerel 2-3km along (and close to) coast northward, there is a funny looking rock structure very standoutish and you will see a current line going out to sea for miles troll up and across the current line (troll 100- 400 metres offshore) and plenty of mackerel and sharks that also like lures should also get some tuna on the surface as well. Take plenty of mackerel lures but they aren't too fussy will even take trolled soft plastics.
    AB