Thread: Any reports on reef fish in moreton bay?

Any reports on reef fish in moreton bay?

My sister is going on her friends boat tomorrow night to do all night fishing.
    I was just wanting to know where is some good spots to go for say snapper or reef fish.

I think she is going upto rous channel first before nightfall to get some whiting for a feed/bait.

The issue with her friend is he doesn't like to move allot at night which I think is silly, he goes to a spot that may not be good
    then anchors up.. sits there for hours and won't catch anything but sharks and catfish. I keep telling him to either berley up or move.

Anyway just wanting to see where you guys thing they should go to catch something.. Wanting my sister to catch something..She does kayak fishing
    and some boat but never has caught anything good.

Any tips would be great

Re: Any reports on reef fish in moreton bay?

I'm far from a bay expert but no one else has cowboy'd up so here's a couple of ideas
    Bit of a run, but the tanga wrecks should be good for an overnighter if the wind stays east which it looks like doing, float some baits onto the southern end of the wrecks on the last few hours of the out going tide should see a bit of a mixed bag and they can anchor in behind the wrecks for the night then up early and fish Curtain
    Days gutter won't fish great, lot of Ray's ect but if they are going up the Rous it's a great spot to overnight u come in about 100m SW of the go slow sign near the red channel markers, should have good visibility and be able to find the channel, then up Blacks gutter to get in to Days, if they have a tender it's great to run up north through the mangrove's exploring watching the Rays and shovel nose finishing with a swim up at the Sandhills
    Hope she enjoys
    Craig

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Any reports on reef fish in moreton bay?

Thanks I'll tell her