Thread: Rainbow 26/27th

Rainbow 26/27th

We left Tin Can about 3pm Saturday and headed outside we tried a couple of close spots for not much so we headed about 20k out and started catching some squire and pearlies just before dark my brother caught the spotty on a squilchard off the bottom in 55m of water I think he was a bit confused that fish. By about 830 the fish went quiet so we went into DI for a good sleep. The next morning we had a bit of a troll out from DI with no luck so we went back where we were the day before we managed to pull a few fish before they went quite this seemed to happen all morning, I did manage to catch a six foot lemon shark? About 4 times that was fun not and that was at couple marks a few hundred metres apart I think he was stalking me. Anyway about 12 a storm started closing in on us so we high tailed it home. We ended up with 10 squire,14 pearlies and a couple of odds and ends. It was good to get out finally after a couple of months and it was surprisingly quite on the water and at the ramp happy days.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160328_09_28_45_Pro.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	112704  

Re: Rainbow 26/27th

Very nice bag there mate, well done

Good stuff mate.
    How wide did you go?
    what was the run like?

thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rtp1984 View Post
    Good stuff mate.
    How wide did you go?
    what was the run like?

thanks
    Rob

It would be about 20k straight out from DI there was a bit of run at times I think the biggest lead we used was about 12oz? My brother was using a 7 ball most of the time and I was catching a few on plastics with a 1oz jig head had to have a bit of line out.

Thanks mate.
    Sounds like good conditions.
    I find you need a bit of run or they just dont bite.

Ha ... nice catch ... when I opened the report I thought it was for the Rainbow Channel (Straddie) .. saw the pic and had a moment of realisation...ha