Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No one fishing?

Re: No one fishing?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-04-06 16.55.13.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	112829Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-04-06 16.28.34.jpg 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	112828Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-04-06 17.58.51.jpg 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	112830

Here you go Mr seahorse. A small report. The motor on the Haines is in bits at the moment so have been having fun poking around the passage in the tinny. Went out about 3 pm heading north up the passage last wednesday to a little spot I got picked out. About 4 ft of water and not much room to move about, but the fish were biting. Took 3 out of 9 bream home for a feed and sent the ones in the pics back to fatten up.The muddy was a jen. Got bricked by what I would think was a Jack. it nearly ripped the rod out of the boat and was peeling line like no tomorrow. When I got in control , a little ping , and shes gone. Clear 10lb flouro was really roughed up. Fought off the mozzies until about 8pm then started home. Argh shit, what was I thinking, there are no lights on the channel markers, reflectors only. Ah well 2 hrs later, 14 reverse off sand banks and I got back to the ramp. Had to stop and refuel as well. The tinny has an led light on a pole under the all round but it is a floodlight not spot which made it hard to pick up the reflectors on the markers. Setting up a spot light now and going back up there to sit on some crab pots. I don't bother with pots down the bridge end, to many stolen.

Thanks gon fishin.
    thats a nice detailed report. Just have to watch those banks mate. Oh well next time u will be right

cheers

G'day all. I used to post quite a bit but made a person which certainly limits the computer time, He is nearly 2 now and finding a bit more time. Summer on the fishing front was excellent with lots of jacks spotties and large snaps and jew from the bay. Hoping to give the microjigging a good crack this autumn,winter.
    Ben

I did a solo 190km trip off the cape on the 10th for one just legal squire which was thrown back in disgust.

But have also just spent the last few days fishing the tides at curtain and weed banks up to bulwer for a mixed bag of grassies, squire, squid, spotties and the usual unstoppables that always seem to hit the lightest rods.

Don't listen to Blooey.... He's just upset that I outfished him yesterday! Granted, I was the only one with the gun lure! Go the Rio Prawn! ....And I think that's the 3rd or 4th time I've outfished him in what must be 100 trips, but we won't mention that!

For me, the lack of reports are two-fold:
    1. I took up surfing, which limit's my fishing time.
    2. There doesn't seem to be the discussions on here that there used to be. They're there, just no where near the extent that they used to be. I've learned a lot from reports in the past, and the discussions that followed re: tackle and techniques. Indeed, much came from helpful critiques of my not-so-successful trips/reports.

Ok, three-fold: I've caught bugger all of mention of late.

haven't been out a lot lately, but finding some good snapper around reddy as usual for this time of year.
    Been getting into the prawns also. Looking forward to winter now.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0589.jpg 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	112858   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12472296_10153953433958564_8099155657444153388_n.jpg 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	112857   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0649.jpg 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	112859   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12891552_10153953434723564_3430033932794102295_o.jpg 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	112860   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0596.jpg 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	112861  

Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Iam heading out Thirsday hopefully.
    Hope not to breezy

The big thing I notice is the lack of posts on snapper from the bay compared with 10 years ago when it was all Green island, Wello and Mud island and good catches, I was braining them in those days, but as an example my last 5 trips for snapper, 3 at Mud and 2 to Scarborough reef have resulted in not even a throw back...

Great pics there Dean.
    That is one damm good feed mate.

Okay. I've only just started to get back on this site as was a bit disenchanted also that it wasn't the same as when I first joined. A bit of fresh and saltwater. Oh and yes I've moved a bit north!!
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dave's Trout.jpg 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	112863   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tarpon.jpg 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	112862   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trout.jpg 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	112864   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hinchinbrook.jpg 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	112865   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ouch.JPG 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	112866  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1692.JPG 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	112867   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1681.JPG 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	112868   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Croc.jpg 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	112869  

Can admin help with correcting upside down shots please??

Surfing is no excuse. FISHING COMES FIRST!
    Oh and i'm just a lucky bugger 97 percent of the time.
    Ben

Went out today with a mate who is getting over the flu, caught a dozen or so flatties in the passage today after a slow start, best one 64 cm and also a few prawns. Would post more pics but the effort of reducing them to a manageable size on the phone is a pain, much easier to use FB which is probably where most posts end up these days. Maybe something the administrators can look into as FB resizes these files automatically.

Thats good catch dignity.
    Bait or plastics?
    Hope we get good feed of them tomorrow, flatties that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Thats good catch dignity.
    Bait or plastics?
    Hope we get good feed of them tomorrow, flatties that is.
    Plastics, Berkley Swimming Mullet in Green Prawn colour ( which is cream and almost blue) although Squidgies Prawn in Blood Worm also took its fair share of flatties.
    Managed to get a pic loaded,

Name:	2016-04-20 19.28.10.jpg 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	112882