Thread: Whats your favourite n easiest braid to leader knot

Whats your favourite n easiest braid to leader knot

Would appreciate comments , ive been just using an improved allbright for ease n speed..

Re: Whats your favourite n easiest braid to leader knot

this is the knot I have been using easy as and is neat . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

I use FG knot but I'm gonna try that one Bluefin posted too, looks nice and neat.

Quote Originally Posted by PixieAU View Post
    I use FG knot but I'm gonna try that one Bluefin posted too, looks nice and neat.
    Yeah I have found it way easy to do and strong , I have used on everything up to 60 lb braid to 60 lb leader and 6lb braid to 8 lb leader and it always tightens up a treat . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Cat's Paw and Albright knots in the video...
    I use the FG knot, Takes me about the same time to rerig as my decky does using double Uni knots.
    Jack.

That's not a bad looking knot, or should I say knots as there are two knots there to create the join.

I learnt the GT knot some years ago, can tie it pretty quickly now and its never let me down. Its the only knot I use for braid to any kind of mono. Been tested and breaks at higher than the line it is tied in. I've never broken this knot, the line always breaks first.

Used it from 6 lb up to 80lb (which is as heavy as I fish).

Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    That's not a bad looking knot, or should I say knots as there are two knots there to create the join.

I learnt the GT knot some years ago, can tie it pretty quickly now and its never let me down. Its the only knot I use for braid to any kind of mono. Been tested and breaks at higher than the line it is tied in. I've never broken this knot, the line always breaks first.

GT or FG knot??...Which i must say is a neat small tidy knot doneright..

I used to use a variation of "Andy's Knot" using a Bimini twist to make the double. Very strong and has the advantage of being able to be "undone" (in impoundment barra class tackle anyway)if your leader requires replacement from frequent lure changes. It is a bit bulky though and isn't great for long leader lengths - especially with bait casters. For light line I still use a Slim Beauty and for heavier stuff the FG.

I use the FG knot.
    This is the easiest way I have found to tie the FG knot
    http://www.fishcrack.com/fishing-101...-braid-to-mono

TMC

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post

This. But I know it as the FG knot.

Best knot that I have ever used, casts and returns through guides like a breeze and never breaks. Once you get the hang of tying it, it can be done easily anywhere. I can retie an FG sitting in my kayak bobbing around in swell & chop offshore without a problem now that I have put some time into getting it right. I'm just not a fan of the method The Mad Cat has posted having to tie of on different things just doesn't suit me, but the end result is still the same.

This is the video that I first saw to help me understand and tie this knot properly (pretty much identical to Moonlighters vid)

FG Knot!

Once you tie it a few times you can get pretty quick at it.

Haven't had one break yet *touch wood*