Thread: I just got a Hat Trick

I just got a Hat Trick

That's the last 3 times out on my ski and I've seen a huge shark each time, this latest one was about 1km behind Green Island and I reckon 14 foot long (or bigger) with a 3 foot long Tuna dangling from it's side foul hooked.. I would say someone lost a decent fish this week end and it ended up on the side of this shark. I think he wasn't real happy about the freeloading Tuna as he was swimming fin out of the water and at a fair pace.Again I tried to get pics but by the time I get my camera out and pointed it had gone deep. And I didn't feel comfortable waiting around to see if he was going to resurface as he may have wanted a matching jetskier on the other side to the tuna.

Re: I just got a Hat Trick

I take it it was a Tiger? Would be pretty dirty having a nice meal follow it around and unable to chomp at it.

Cuzza

Quote Originally Posted by cuzzamundi View Post
    I take it it was a Tiger? Would be pretty dirty having a nice meal follow it around and unable to chomp at it.

Cuzza
    I'm sort of thinking hammerhead as it had a tall pointy dorsal fin and a pale colour (fin was about 18" out of the water as I was turning around), I didn't get a good look a it's head though as it was coming straight towards me and I only noticed as I was passing, by the time I turned around and came back it was heading down to the depths, you could still see the Tuna shining even 10 ft under the water...

Sounds like a Great Hammer. Plenty in the bay. Their dorsal is way out of proportion compared to other sharks. Look for sharp, erratic turns - usually the give away. Usually pretty skittish compared to tigers.

Cuzza