Thread: Good Friday

Good Friday

Took the young fella for a fish out off the Sunshine Coast on Good Friday.
    We arrived at the Mooloolah River Northern ramp just on sunrise and contrary to my expectations the car park barely had a car in it , we just backed the boat straight down the ramp , no body in front or behind me -no waiting at all. Good Start to the day !
    The plan was to run up the beach to Noosa , but a few kilometres north of Old Woman Island we drove over a very good show of fish on a small patch of reef I'd been eyeing off for about 3 years and never bothered to stop . I thought bugger it- I'll stop and give it a few drifts and see what was there.
    By 10am we had a nice box of mixed reefies , 15 of which were some very respectable Grassies.
    All morning we had tuna busting up all around us, so on the way home we put some slugs into them and pulled a tuna each for a bit of fun. Not big longtails, but enough to give us a good time on our light spin sticks.Kept one for the BBQ and released the other one.
    On the way back in ,we caught up to a big game boat heading south and sat in his wake on 25 knots all the way home , he flattened out the bit of small swell for us very nicely . About a kilometre short of the river mouth we stopped and picked up a brand new fluro green water ski rope that was floating in the water .
    The young bloke needed a new wake board rope so he was rapped.
    Got to the ramp at the same time as a Boating and Fisheries patrol boat and amazingly not another boat to be seen .
    Had a chat to the patrol guys , apparently they'd just had a big morning out and had about a days worth of infringement paper work to catch up on.
    Pulled the boat out ,and sat on the speed limit all the way back to Brisbane , noticed the north bound traffic was crawling from about Caboolture north - glad we were heading south!
    Got home in one piece and by the time I had the boat and gear all washed and stowed away , the young bloke had all the fish filleted and cryovaced .
    The Mrs had fish and chips on the table just in time to watched the Bronco's have their revenge on the Cowboys .
    Doesn't get much better !
    Regards
    BeastMaster
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grasssmall.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	112677   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	longtailsmall.jpg 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	112678   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snappersmall.jpg 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	112679  
    Keep Ya Tip UP
    Beast

Re: Good Friday

Awesome - sounds like all the stars aligned nicely for a great father and son outing - concluded with a happy SWMBO and great game - well done!
    Cheers

Trev

Top day and enjoy your reports mate cheers
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Thanks for the report, god I'm trying to find time to get out there this week end but it just doesn't seem to lining up.

Great report as always. Thanks.

Some great fish there well done.

Sounds like a perfect day. Thanks for the report, good read.

Great report mate, well done

great report and must be good to have the young fella being able to fillet fish

{cowboys still premiers, refs cant take that off them}

Awesome report there Beast well done.

Mark