Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jet skis at boat ramps

Jet skis at boat ramps

These blokes really need to get their act together at the ramps before something nasty happens.
    Today at clontarf there were about 8 jet skis taking up the whole beach area, just talking, putting on sunscreen, and just talking.

This went on for at least 30 mins. Boats were waiting to go out and come in.

You blokes need to understand, launch your vessel, park ur car then go.

Its not a place to park and socialize.

Re: Jet skis at boat ramps

There's a reason they get called sea-lice!!

Seems like a common thing then, at my local, they seem to think they own the ramp, reverse down, then prepare wetsuits and gear, get the sunscreen out, have a chat, launch and pull the jet ski up on the ramp while the car is parked, why do a few nit wits do the wrong thing and give everyone with a jet ski a bad name, I am sure there is considerate owners, but because they do the right thing, you just don't notice them, only the red necks get attention!

u get alot of that at cleveland and port of brissy, the odd jet skis lol but no.. most time if u just ask them they get out of the way, they seem to get lost in the moment.....

What, you worried about damaging your trailer driving over them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    What, you worried about damaging your trailer driving over them ?
    It does seem to be about the only thing they understand. Took the bosses rig down the coast once. Coming back to the ramp the jetski riders were like blowflies on a turd. Sitting back waiting for a hole simply resulted in more of them coming around and getting in the way. They do scatter their little plastic toys in a hurry with 6.8 metres of plate alloy coming

If anyone gets a chance to have a look at Cooks Rivers boat ramp (Botany Bay) on a weekend you'll see why they are so despised.

They were banned from Sydney harbour ....... maybe a few more waterways should be added. - sorry they just seem to go out of their way to piss people off

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Probably shouldn't lump them all together, a few members ride skis and I'm sure they're not irresponsible.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Yea I understand that.. Tho I don't have a boat, I got a kayak and when i come into a ramp and I can't use a beach cause rocks.. There is either a jet ski taking them time or sorry but boats also.
    One night I was waiting for 40 min for a boat to get onto his trailer.. Like heck I just need to do a quick onto the ramp and up I go.. How does it take 40min for 1 boat to go up..

You do know that in most states. Unless you have a registered trailer vessel you shouldn't be using a boat ramp don't you? Car toppers and kayaker shouldn't be blocking the ramps our regos pay for.....
    Dale

Kayaks don't block boats. We just slide up the side and we are done. I'm saying that some boaties don't know how to put there boat on a trailer or they are just stupid to take 30-40min.
    Takes my dad with his 20ft boat about 5-8min to load his boat on the trailer and move out of the way.. So saying jet skies take there time.. well boats also do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    You do know that in most states. Unless you have a registered trailer vessel you shouldn't be using a boat ramp don't you? Car toppers and kayaker shouldn't be blocking the ramps our regos pay for.....
    As I grow older I become more and more intolerant of Australians who have forgotten how to give a bloke a go. FFS, the kayaker is a fisherman and supports bait and tackle shops etcetc, probably is a better fisher than most of us and gets bagged out for taking 5mins to load his kayak.

The Australian spirit, sadly, is a dying one.

Thanks for reading cobber.

I'm not criticising anyone, I'm just telling the bloke what the rules are. I certainly didn't bag him out, I own kayaks myself. I also own Jetskis and I see myself getting bagged for riding one. Where's my tolerence FFS.
    Dale

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    Is that anywhere close to the truth? I have a cartopper that I launch from my 4WD at the boat ramp.
    There are rock walls on both sides of the ramp.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Read the Queensland laws. It has always been there. I was chipped by the Police in the 80s for wheeling my car topper down the ramp at Bribie. The was always a ramp fee associated with boat trailer rego. At SEQWater you don't need to by a permit for a car topper because you shouldn't be using the ramp. Lastly, try reversing your trailer boat down the kayak launch points in the Brisbane river and see how get on with the law, and the kayakers. There won't be much tolerence shown.
    Dale