Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jet skis at boat ramps

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Re: Jet skis at boat ramps

I tend to head out at unpopular times and so miss majority of traffic at ramps, on occasion I will be retrieving when 99% are launching which becomes difficult in general.
    One of my greatest pet hates is when people have reversed down the ramp at night and leave their headlights on, near impossible to see anything when you try and reverse down.
    And when people reverse down the ramp before rigging up and 'hog' a lane. Have had a few jet skis do this down behind SeaWorld after driving around the queu waiting to launch.

Yeah queue jumping... If ever there was something that would start an argument...

It only takes a few courteous words to sort out but even that seems too much for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson4300 View Post
    when people have reversed down the ramp at night and leave their headlights on, near impossible to see anything when you try and reverse down.
    I used to go out a lot in the very early morning, well before the sun came up. Often I used to find a lot of others going out at the same time.

It was always a source of consternation to me why anyone needs to have their headlights on when they are reversing.
    It basically makes it impossible to launch in the lanes beside them safely unless you have someone to guide you .
    Taillights work the same when park lights are on.
    Some people seem to just not have any common sense.
    Cheers,
    Paul.
    1995 Model
    SeaJay 4.3M
    40HP Yamaha

Very true paul

Blog Entries

Cant narrow the winge down to just Jet Skiers ..............Was at the Raby Bay boat ramp Saturday morning about to reverse the trailer back down to the ramp to retrieve boat back onto trailer , when some non thinker reverses back to the same ramp blocking my way ...He then gets out & starts preparing the trailer / boat to go in the water....Could this not have been done before entering the actual ramp area ....
    Most annoying.........

Bit off topic but i just don’t get the whole jet ski thing... at all. I mean sure there are some fishers who use it for fishing which is fine and I have no quarrels obviously. However, the other types who’s only purpose in purchasing seems to be to sit on them and pull the throttle and go as fast they can scaring the shit out of anyone within cooee for fear of these clowns losing control. I’ve seen them go up the passage within 5-10 bloody metres of boats at Mach 10 which is a fatality/s just waiting to happen, and it will I have no doubt!

I mean seriously, what skills are involved in pulling a throttle lever on flat water and bagging the shit out of a jet ski is something that totally eludes me. Compare your average jet ski rider to that of a trail bike rider in the bush for example, and it is like the Broncos playing the local under 8’s.

Maybe if they put those rides that used to be out the front of Supermarkets in the form of a jet ski with a bit of vibration and a bucket of water to the face with a bit wind then maybe less people would buy.

I mean how many times would you have to ride it until the the thrill wore off, 2 possibly 3 and then old hat. So 10-15K for a few outings.

Between a boat and a jet ski owner who would contribute to the economy more?

The rego for V8’s is dearer, maybe they should tax the f*&* out of these things? rant over

Ive seen some knobs on 2 supercharged jetskis going flat chat through the 6 knot zone at carbrook. Ive been out in moreton bay in the middle of nowhere and 20 jetskies come flying past you 30 metres away. I dont get it. Sure there are the responsible ones but most of them are dicks. I always say they are the bmw drivers of the water.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I got my jet ski license same time as my marine one...never been on one since. As has been said, alot to spend on something so single purposed...but people spend $200K on a fishing boat so I guess whatever floats your boat.
    Rather have a KTM450 anyday.
    I'd probably annoy someone with it though.