Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: pizza oven

Re: pizza oven

Make sure your bricks can handle the fire.

Bread looks great Chimo and I bet it tastes a million dollars. I thought if I was going to make an oven I may as well make a decent one. The base will be 1.6 mtr square.
    We have no experience in building something like this, just a project the whole family can join in..The teenage grandkids have a few parties here so it will get plenty of use.
    At the moment we are working off two books trying to pick the best bits out of the two.
    I pray to God this oven turns out to be a ripper otherwise I may end up having to live in it.
    bazza

Yes Jakers from what I have read the clay bricks are fired at 1100 degrees and the oven should not go over 600 degrees C. I will put a temp gauge either in the shell or in the door. One book I am following is by Russell Jeavons who has commercial brick oven restraunts in Adelaide and he has only used clay fired house bricks in his.
    Also he only uses clay fired pavers on the floor of the oven. He does use perlite to insulate the dome but I cannot find out where you can a decent size bag of it.
    bazza

I have found where to get the Perlite. Bunnings sell it for $ 8.00 for a bag as big as a football then found out Hydroponic shops sell jumbo bags for $35.

slab.jpg Slab finally laid

fire pit 1.jpg Warming up for the teenagers party

party.jpg :p ;d

po sunday 3.jpg started on the base block wall.

pizza base.jpg Block walls finished and ready to be core filled will only core fill to within 10cm from top of blocks in order to set reo in for top slab

cf1.jpg cf2.jpg finished core filling the blocks. Now to start on the top half

Chimo, how about posting your recipe.
    David

20160416_081801_resized.jpg Reo completed and ready to pour top slab

top slab.jpg top slab done will give it a week or so to fully dry out and then start on next stage

perlite1.jpgperlite2.jpg Just finished putting 4 inches of perlite and cement as a heat bank which should stop the top concrete slab from cracking and will reflect heat back into the oven

arch 1.jpg Made the arch for the oven and laid the floor pavers