Thread: Hervey bay fishing.

Hervey bay fishing.

Heading to hervey bay (vernon point) over easter and wondering if anyone can give me a land based fishing spot we could try .also what target species i should rig up for.

Re: Hervey bay fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by losferfish View Post
    Heading to hervey bay (vernon point) over easter and wondering if anyone can give me a land based fishing spot we could try .also what target species i should rig up for.
    Have a look at the fishntales forum http://www.fishntales.com/forum/index.php ,Check out some of the reports from insanefisho he fishes mainly landbased he also offers to help people out goood luck.

Theres a rockwall on Eli Ck near the mouth at the back of Pt Vernon. You have to go down a dirt road at the end of Martin st to find it. have a look on google earth and youll figure it out.

You can also access Eli lakes from the canal estates, theres some grassy banks and parks.
    Or walk around the rocks at Pt Vernon boat ramp.
    Or try the rockwalls in front of Urangan boat club.

The best land based fishing requires a drive. Guys do very well off the ramp at River Heads or Burrum Heads ramp at night.
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.

Thanks for those who replied. Phil took me out for a fish and we hooked up on few including a wobbegong shark which ive never caught before. The only legal fish i caught i threw back. I had a lot of fun and thats what its about for me . Id rather be catching fish and throwing them back than catching nothing at all.