Thread: 4 x 4 , fishing show at RNA showgrounds

4 x 4 , fishing show at RNA showgrounds

Is it worth $18 entry, I think not, if your interested in 4by accessories there's plenty on show but I found that prices were the same as most retail stores and maybe because it was Friday the service to my enquiries quite hopeless. Fishing and boating was poorly represented and the retailers we spoke to weren't happy.
    Parking is another problem, there are no signs advising the price on either entry or exit, you have to wait till you have to pay at the booth on exit, another $12.
    Not many food outlets, the chicken burger, another $16 was rather inedible, threw it away after only a couple of mouthfuls.

Also Senior Cards are not accepted this year for discount entry, has to be a Pension card, all in all, we were disappointed.

Re: 4 x 4 , fishing show at RNA showgrounds

Sounds like a typical show these days, I think the days of shows being a place for people to actually show their goods have been replaced by anything that will make a dollar for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Sounds like a typical show these days, I think the days of shows being a place for people to actually show their goods have been replaced by anything that will make a dollar for someone.
    Noelm, the dealer I spoke to paid $20k for 3 days, they wanted to pull out a couple of weeks ago due to the way it was being promoted and were refused any refund, even partial, at 2 pm on day one he hadn't even had a sniff of a sale and usually this guy does really great deals.
    I did find some lures that were reasonably priced but nothing else. Won't be going next year as has not been a great experience, the local shows here are so much better and don't have to travel to Brisbane.

Parking was hopeless, got there Friday at 9.30, everything full, we almost went home without going in. I did spend on lures.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Parking was hopeless, got there Friday at 9.30, everything full, we almost went home without going in. I did spend on lures.
    Same here with some Atomics although by the time I add in the entry fee and parking it cost me a lot more and the range was a little limited. There was only one stand where the prices were reasonable, the show from a 4x4 perspective I thought was OK but I found that some of the staff were casuals who didn't know that much about their products, should have gone fishing instead as the weather is turning to shit again this morning, at 4 am blowing 15 knots in the Passage making it hard to flick for flatties and the Baroon Pocket Dam is full of spangled perch about 50 to 70 mm and the bass have disappeared so went back know to bed.

Anyone know what sacrifices need to be made to the weather gods to get some good fishing weather.

I was debating about whether to go for a look or not but I had a feeling it would be as you described, glad I didn't bother....

severe shortage of boats people not wanting to help not the best show I have been to

Also very disappointed. Can remember previous tackle and tinny shows at the exhibition grounds that were packed full of displays, boats, tackle and cooking demos that occupied both sides of the street. This one occupied a small part of the grounds. Surprisingly NSW Boating and Fishery were represented but no sign of Qld patrol officers. Nor was there Marine Parks personnel available for advice. In all a very poor show, definitely not going again.

I went to the show yesterday but I guess my motives were more focused on the 4x4 side (not to discount fishing though !) but I was chasing a new bullbar for my truck. Was able to negotiate a brilliant deal including free install so the entry fee was worth it for that alone. I think the 4x4 side of things was pretty solid, the usual suspects and some new stuff. For that I was pretty content. In the fishing section I also haggled myself a new Diawa Emereldas so I'm may be a bit stoked about my day in general

Correct me if I'm wrong but this was the "National 4x4 Outdoor and Fishing Expo" and people are confusing it with our old "Tinnie and Tackle Show" which to my knowledge split from this event 1-2yrs ago and went independent (and got really bad reviews). The "Fishing Expo" is a southern franchise if I've read correctly, and this year's representatives in terms of tackle was some of the best I've seen at this type of show in years. The quality of merchandise was very high, with a lot of actual Japanese gear, not just basket loads of $2 lures and $50 rod/reel combos. That's what I noticed at least. So not to say that the people who sound disenfranchised by this year's show are wrong, personally I was very impressed but maybe it was just lucky that the selection of gear I focus on.

There were a few of the regular boating companies there, which I actually didn't expect as it wasn't a boat show. But it was nice to look at some setups all in one place as my mate is in the market looking at new boats.

Something I agree on from above comments, I actually saw no advertising pre-show. It's only cause I knew the time of year that a show would be on and sought out dates and tickets. Otherwise I'd have been oblivious. That is certainly poor for the merchants attending the show. Additionally the amount of camper trailers I've never seen in my life, that had no coverage to speak of. If you were in the market for one you'd have spent the entire day just looking at there were so many. Guess they want to be displayed in isolation away from the Caravan show

I arrived at about 10.00am Friday and saw the sign that said car park full. I drove sound the block looking for a park and got stuck in the wrong lane and ended up driving past the gate again. This time, 5 minutes later, it was open and there were parks everywhere. $18 entry and $12 to park, in hindsight I should have taken the train. Some good 4 x 4 gear there, and a couple of brands of new vehicles. Bigger all in boats and motors. Some good quality gear there and I stocked up on some plastics. Was still better than staying at home and mowing the lawn.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Went on Friday to beat the crowds. Told the wife I'd be gone most of the day. I only lasted an hour.
    On a side note it took me an hour and a half to get there from Sandgate. Miss a train by 5 mins then miss one at valley station as well. It's no wonder our traffic on the roads is unbearable. And before someone jumps up and down about timetables etc we live in one of the fastest growing metropolises in the world and it shouldn't be that hard to go not even 20 km.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went today.Rubbish.

Thanks Fillet n Release for pointing that out to me, I thought it was the old Tackle and Tinny show combined with 4WD and camping. I wasn't aware of the split. A real shame though as the old T & T was brilliant.

I got a promo via email offering me $15 tickets to buy online. Followed the prompts and when it came time to pay...$1.54 added for processing.

It wasn't the money, it was the fact this was not mentioned in the offer. I hate surprises.

So, I didn't buy a ticket and didn't go.

I have heard the same thing over and over again over the last few years, retailers paying high prices for floor space, which all but negates the chance of offering " show special prices ".

I like the idea of a lot of different brands under the one roof and you can compare.

The reality is, more and more of us are buying online. We simply don't want to deal with the " retailers spin ".

There are also retailers out there that have " Boat Show Specials " at their normal stores and won't attend the show. Whitworths are one of these that do a 15% off during these events.

FWIW, I took another path and headed to the Oakey Rodeo and Show. $15 entry which included parking, access to all sideshow alley, free mini shows with animals, free access to the Country Ute competition and free grandstand seating at the Rodeo and Fireworks and..... yes there's more... a live band kicking on until all hours......... OK, they didn't have soft plastics, but they had Dagwood Dogs ><>
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Last day deal on a new Beaudesert Exhaust for the 200 series so worthwhile for me. Rest was pretty shit though.