Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's official.

It's official.

Telwater announced that they have taken over Evinrude Australia today.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Re: It's official.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    Telwater announced that they have taken over Evinrude Australia today.
    Partnering with I read.

Wonder whats worse, etec or quintrex

I joined "The Rebel Alliance"

BRP and Telwater were already partners, what's changed?

They are no longer 'partners' Telwater have taken over the Australian distribution of Evinrude.
    Dale

I read somewhere (can't remember) that BRP had purchased a share in Telwater. Regardless though - smart on BRP's account in my books. What better way to get engines on transoms than involvement with the largest production trailer boat builder in the country.

Evinrude on Telwater boats was a "partnership" before, then they parted ways and Vortex motors were fitted to budget packages, don't know what happened to Vortex, as in, will they still be offered on price point packages, and Evinrude on higher priced deals? The Telwater/BRP rumour has been doing the rounds in various forms for a long time now, what the exact agreement is I guess only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    They are no longer 'partners' Telwater have taken over the Australian distribution of Evinrude.
    Not exactly sure of that (but I am not saying it isn't correct) but the strongest "gossip" around the dealers is BRP have simply bought a market share by buying part of Telwater, how much I don't know, and thus, ensuring motors on transoms enmass!

They ripped the Telwater signs off the factory a few weeks back. Be interesting to see what the new signs are

Quintrec.

Cheers

Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

So to me that reads like Telewater hasn't taken over BRP but have been awarded sole distribution rights in Australia.
    I hope the Rudes are having less warranty issues these days as I have 2 mates that had a shocking experience with Telewater warranty issues. This deal might make them an even less attractive proposition if they dont pull their finger out on that front.

Yes, it kind of reads like Telwater will simply distribute motors, but BRP will maintain parts and warranty and so on, don't quite see what the long term goal is, except BRP doesn't need to keep a zillion dollars worth of motors, Telwater will do that now, and perhaps somewhere down the track a complete hand over?

BRP will retain their Recreational Vehicle brands, as my post said, Telwater will be the sole Australian distributor for Evinrude. Neither of my original posts mentioned BRP, just Evinrude, as was announced at the national Evinrude conference on Wednesday.
    Dale

Pretty big deal for BRP I would think. They've previously stated that they were looking to secure transoms for Evinrude and this chains them to Australia's largest builder for the foreseeable future.