Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Give me a break Weather God!

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Thumbs down Give me a break Weather God!

Like when will the rain and/or winds ever stop?

I have lived in Raby Bay for 26 years and the last six months of weather have been the worst I can ever remember!

My own little weather station shows that 77% of days had winds in excess of 15 knots with 80% of them hitting around 20 knots! 🔫🔫

Seas have constantly been up around one metre plus ....... 😫

Fishable sure but damn uncomfortable into the bargain! 🤕

And with a total cessation of crabs 🦀 in the central Moreton Bay and not great reports of whiting or any other species about, all you can do these days is work on your boat or fishing gear! 🙃

At present we are in the middle of two weeks rain with marginally better winds! 🙏

I'll fish in an ice cream can of water if I thought there was a fish there but this weather is really giving me the #hits guys! 😢😭☹️

Re: Give me a break Weather God!

Have to agree, kicking myself for not taking a few mid week "sickies" when there was a lull in the weather

I hear ya brother

I am on a day off today (having hoped a mid-week opportunity would come up) and yet again it's bad for going out.

Almost worth thinking about land-based fishing just to wet a line!

Just discussing this with a mate who's son imported a cat from the US 12 months ago.

He is actually going to sell it due to lack of use!! He looks at it every day sitting in his driveway & thinks of the 100K + he has tied up & has decided to sell up.

That's gotta hurt!!

You have to think hard when you are going to buy a boat. I have seen a lot of people buy big ones and get little use out of them.
    And lot of people sell the big one and buy an all rounder.

Its got me re-thinking my upgrage that is for sure.

I just bought an old 4.1m Brooker with a 40 on it. Cheap as chips so no loss, but hopefully I'll we'll all be able to get out soon.

Well yous voted em in lol.

Agree!! - It had been nasty for as many weekends I can remember.. Though, I did manage to get out last Saturday !!! It was pretty crappy around the top of moreton, so ended up at Curtin Arti reef for a while.

Catamarans help in smoothing out the bumps in transit, but they still go up and down once you are there.

I agree with your weather comments, bout time it let up for a week end or 2

Lovely up here in the Pumicestone passage. Wind breaks all round most days. Not a lot of fish being caught, but any day on the water is a bonus. A few pics from last week. No pics of the Squire, they went back in quick to grow. All fish released.

2016-02-17 13.03.34.jpg2016-02-17 11.20.11.jpg2016-02-17 11.44.42.jpg2016-02-17 13.04.57.jpg

I took a run across to Tangalooma on the weekend
    Bit messy going across but nice once I got over
    Wind turn east Saturday night so that was good
    I got a bit of a mix in the morning squire sweet lip and trevally on the run out off the end of the wrecks
    Was nice to get the boat wet hey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotta be the worst string of weather I've experienced ever. I've punched out a maybe three times over the summer with each time being very marginal given the forecast.

Every cloud has a silver lining - I guess with so few getting out it the fish stocks must be still pretty strong. Just give me some good weather so I can trial this theory .... :-)

At least your not trying to do it for a living. I feel for the blokes that do it for bread. The good weather will come. On the upside I've been that busy around the house the points should be adding up!!

Just back from Hervey Bay, big fishing comp on up there this weekend but blowing like mad and showers, my bet is the most common fish weighed in will be gar caught off the jetty, RSL was great though, massive place and super cold beer..