Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Give me a break Weather God!

Re: Give me a break Weather God!

Nope, the storm that went through on Friday night dampened my spirits (even though the boat was all hooked up and ready to go)

Would love to hear some more reports for the weekend!

It brings a whole new angle to boat ownership doesn't it? The questions start arising, I have never had to deal with these before. Stale fuel? Batteries need charging? Does the boat need a wash BEFORE I take her out? Can I see through all the dust settled on the windscreen? Is there a commercial value for Gekko poo, hell, there is enough on the tub to consider selling it as fertilizer. The bat poo? That shit stains my duco, should I buy shares in a marine polish manufacturer? I'm using enough. And the boat is parked under the carport, they still manage to dive bomb the sides. At least the neighbour doesn't mind me cutting his palm's seeds down, they are attracting the bats in bigger numbers than a teens party invitation on facebook. Here is hoping things improve for winter fishing.

Scalem

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    It brings a whole new angle to boat ownership doesn't it? The questions start arising, I have never had to deal with these before. Stale fuel? Batteries need charging? Does the boat need a wash BEFORE I take her out? Can I see through all the dust settled on the windscreen? Is there a commercial value for Gekko poo, hell, there is enough on the tub to consider selling it as fertilizer. The bat poo? That shit stains my duco, should I buy shares in a marine polish manufacturer? I'm using enough. And the boat is parked under the carport, they still manage to dive bomb the sides. At least the neighbour doesn't mind me cutting his palm's seeds down, they are attracting the bats in bigger numbers than a teens party invitation on facebook. Here is hoping things improve for winter fishing.

Scalem
    +1 for the bloddy bats
    had to take out the chainsaw the otherday to reduce the amount of palms in the backyard,
    I look great on top of a ladder trying to reach up with extension pole cutter to take out the bloody seeds.

well at least we had a break last Saturday, for the morning anyway, hope you all got out. Just pray for a nice calm winter, can't beat a bit of all day snapper fishing. Although i don't think i'd be able to fish on a boat thats not bucking like a prize bull anymore, just wouldn't feel normal.

Dust your anchors off boys looks like the wind staying away this Easter break.

Regardless of weather over Easter I won't go out. Guaranteed every one comes out that weekend.

Meh... I'll go out if there's no one out or everyone. Doesn't worry me.

Has anyone booked the car park spot yet lol.

Don't give the council ideas, think of the revenue if you put a ticketing machine in the carpark, still trying to decide if it's worth mixing in with the once a year boater, I did last year and had a great day out because I managed to ignore the antics of many at the ramps. Chill pills anyone?

Scalem

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

I will have a go at some antisocial pre-dawn hours and see how it goes , hopefully bit calmer with antics

Might grab a camp chair and six pack and just watch this year

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    I did last year and had a great day out because I managed to ignore the antics of many at the ramps. Chill pills anyone?

Thats it. Go with the attitude that it will take you a bit longer to launch and retrieve, and will be harder to find a trailer park. Stay relaxed and you wont have a drama. Not worth staying home over when the weather is so inviting.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Might grab a camp chair and six pack and just watch this year
    Perhaps if you see someone struggling to retrieve their boat, ask if they need a hand rather than stand back and snigger.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerTrance View Post
    Perhaps if you see someone struggling to retrieve their boat, ask if they need a hand rather than stand back and snigger.
    Don't make assumptions, I got no problem helping people out

I went out Thursday, where I fished in the rouse I never had company......but, I'm going out in the morning and I'm sure I other people will think I smell much better, only joking, other people don't have the luxury I have of going out when I please due to early retirement

I will be going out tomorrow in the dark hours to try and get a jump on others, also thinking of more realistic hours on Monday to take my grandson{5yo} for his first time out on the water before we go on a cruise, but I wont be interested in fishing on Monday just the experience of being on a boat for him, with my partner onboard for safety reasons

just all enjoy our waters and have a safe easter with perfect weather

cheers
    Robin