Thread: Last thur night

Last thur night

Been about 2 months since ive hit the seaway and nothing has changes…
    Went down to the bridge and gathered bait (herring and Pike)
    and back to the seaway for the run in tide.
    Having my normal spot taken by three others i ended up further around the corner than usual. Deployed a few baits, not a touch.
    As each boat moved i moved closer and closer to my spot and it wasnt long before the action started. first fish in the boat was a 70cm flat one.. not long after a 50cm jack, then i got bricked by another, what im guessing was a jack.
    Then a grassy sweet lip took a likeing to a chunk of pike.
    Around 12ish i got a run, droped it, another run, droped it so i thought next time im clicking the penn live liner into gear and see what happens. Yep he had a mouth full of pike and as the rod loaded up as he swam away his speed picked up to. As i put on the brakes i felt he wasnt overly big so after a minute or two i had a 4 foot, what looked like a port jackson shark but all gray…and a smallish mouth just like a PJ shark.. so i wasnt going to have him going balistic in the boat so snipped him of boat side.
    Maybe ten minutes later the other rod gets a nudge.. bit of a run, stop, run, stop run stop. I waited for the next run and did the same as before. Holy shit…. this thing was pealing 50lb mono like theres no tomorrow, heading straight for wave break…for the first time in the seaway i actually was a bit concerned with how much line was leaving my reel and at the speed it was leaving.. the further it went the more i tighten up the drag till i got to the point where i stopped him, but i think was just taking a breather.. i got maybe half a dozen winds back on him and then he put the foot down, twanggggg 60lb leader let go..
    I hooked into another half an hour later and had the same result but the hook pulled..
    0430 headed for home.
    anyway another entertaining night in the seaway.

Re: Last thur night

Sounds like an exciting night. Better than watching the footy on the couch.

Re: Last thur night

well I did keep up with the score on the phone...