Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat fit out

Boat fit out

Hi guys thought I'd post up my final fit out.
    I've done a bit already motor and console. All the wiring next and there's quite a few things going into the battery box. This is by far the hardest thing I've had to do.
    We will see how it turns out.

IMG_3240.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Re: Boat fit out

Nice work

You're lucky you've got a nice workspace.

I recall your post in the early stages of this build. Congratulations on the progress - you must be frothing to get on the water and catch some fish!
    If you are willing to share, I'd be interested to hear your costs to finalize this build - as I know what it costs retail.
    Congrats again.
    Dan.

That is major surgery my friend I wish you all the best with that project.

Looks great, wish my shed was as clear and clean as yours

Quote Originally Posted by Dantren View Post
    I recall your post in the early stages of this build. Congratulations on the progress - you must be frothing to get on the water and catch some fish!
    If you are willing to share, I'd be interested to hear your costs to finalize this build - as I know what it costs retail.
    Congrats again.
    Dan.
    Yeah I couldn't find the old thread. But yes cannot wait till fully finished.

I have been out in it for a couple of hours when basic motor fit out was done just before Christmas off Port Curtis Gladstone. 20 knots that day so a good little test for its first run and no one at the ramp to witness my backing up.

Cost of this boat - basic hull with Mackay trailer, and Merc 115 on water your looking around $33000- $35000.. Plus your time. Lots of it, if you want it done quick. Or do as I did and plod away at it over a number of years saving and buying bits as needed. Its a good feeling not owing anything on it.

You can also cut the cost with the build with smaller outboard, cheaper trailer, lighter plate. Huge savings had there.

My build has extras like trim tabs, drum winch, canopy etc. Fit out wise you can spend as much as you want and go stupid on things that really aren't needed. So cost with this is up to the individual. I wont be stating mine mainly because I'm to lazy to work it out.

Thanks CW, I appreciate your reply.
    Congratulations on building a fantastic boat. I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute on the water......
    Dan.

Thanks Guys,
    Yeah good to have a work shed not a storage shed full of junk. I've been fighting the missus out.

Here's some shots after its maiden voyage. The alloy was clean, amazing how quickly it discolours in the brine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great job with the boat. Very tidy and plenty of hours spent planning I bet. That is a nice fishing boat and remember having a good CC many years ago and was the best to fish from. Go and enjoy your rewards I am sure it has all been worth the many hours. Really nice job.

mate that is looking sensational! your going to love that merc

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Hi. This looks really nice.

May i ask if you're using the tablet/iPad as your primary navigation/chart tool or is it an extra to Lowrance unit you have? It would be good to know how it performs in the direct sun etc as i'm trying to decide if i should do something similar in my console, or stick with a combo unit.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Khunaus View Post
    Hi. This looks really nice.

May i ask if you're using the tablet/iPad as your primary navigation/chart tool or is it an extra to Lowrance unit you have? It would be good to know how this performs in the direct sun etc as i'm trying to decide if i should do something similar in my console, or stick with a combo unit.

Cheers
    Hi
    I have the Ipad mini retina with GPS. I don't expect it to be real good in direct sunlight but beneath the canopy it should be OK. It will be used mainly for the different screens using Lowrance Go Free App and music sent to the Fusion stereo. I have Platinum+ on the Ipad but depending on how it goes it will only be back up.

Battery box done.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

This next..not looking forward to it at all.

image.jpg

very neat job indeed.
    One thing I noticed, which may be a million to one chance but can have nasty consequences. Is you've put your fuel filter in the same compartment as your isolators and other electrical gear. This could be bad especially if you have them enclosed in a hatch with the lid on.I think its best practice to stick fuel stuff outside of any hatches or confined spaces. Or in its own enclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    very neat job indeed.
    One thing I noticed, which may be a million to one chance but can have nasty consequences. Is you've put your fuel filter in the same compartment as your isolators and other electrical gear. This could be bad especially if you have them enclosed in a hatch with the lid on.I think its best practice to stick fuel stuff outside of any hatches or confined spaces. Or in its own enclosure.
    Thanks Flex.
    Will be right, plenty of boats with them inside boxes and bilges. As long as there is no leaks all good. My battery box is vented up the sides and all hoses are heavy duty low permeate A1 class fuel hose.

Since the photos I have changed out the batteries to AGM types. I thought the Centuries would suit the outboard size but Mercs have a higher rating.

So I have 2 x Century mp620's in holders for sale in Rockhampton. Purchased 26/10/15 with 24 months warranty card. Only used a couple of times and charged whilst standing.
    $150 each if anyone is interested. PM please.