Thread: Bundaberg Fishing

Bundaberg Fishing

Hi Everyone,

Only new to Ausfish and thought I would take advantage of the membership straight away. I am moving from Ipswich QLD to Bundaberg in just two weeks and am looking for guide as to what I can expect up there in the way of fishing. I have a 19ft Skeeter Bass Boat with a 150hp on it so I'm not really looking to go offshore but am well equipped for the rivers and lakes.

I will also be looking to join a fishing club up there if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks

Re: Bundaberg Fishing

Gavgav, The Bundy area will provide you with quite a few options to explore in both fresh and salt. Lake Lenthall (N of Maryborough) and Lake Monduran will offer plenty of scope for you in the fresh with Monduran a great barra fishery and a very large waterway. You will have access to a range of riverine waterways from the Burrum, Burnett, Kolan River and maybe the Baffle at a pinch. Don't forget that you will have access to the flats fishing along the western side of Fraser Island if you are happpy to travel to Hervey Bay (1.5hr drive) and then head along the inside of Fraser...prob a weekend trip. There are several clubs including Bundaberg Sportsfishing, Across the Waves (and other sports clubs) as well as an active club based at Woodgate. Hope this helps... Welcome to the Bundy area.

Thanks mate, I'm looking forward to chase a few barra and working out the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavgav View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Only new to Ausfish and thought I would take advantage of the membership straight away. I am moving from Ipswich QLD to Bundaberg in just two weeks and am looking for guide as to what I can expect up there in the way of fishing. I have a 19ft Skeeter Bass Boat with a 150hp on it so I'm not really looking to go offshore but am well equipped for the rivers and lakes.

I will also be looking to join a fishing club up there if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks
    Send a pm to marvin... Kev, he lives in Bundy and knows the place inside out.

I might even let him know about this thread

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Cheers Phill for the tagging in on this post. Gavgav.. feel free to give me a call,, 0408848564 and we can sort some local information out for you. Welcome to the area... plenty of options fresh water, estuary or offshore...there are a few tag a longs or Meet and Greets that us Bundyites usually attend, including the 1770 trip in September, the bundy VMR comp in June and the Break sea spit trip in November...then there is the MASA Monduran Barra comp in October... but then again, we can fish these areas any day of the year when the wind is light or the Barra are bitting.....Chat soon... Cheers Kev.

there is a reef 2km straight out from Bargara, that holds fish, and more south
    when I went out in my 4-8 metre savage I left from boatramp near port, just google reef gps marks

Hey Kev, I'll definitely give you a call next week if that suits. We have a fair bit of packing and stuff left to do but I'm keen to get straight into it when we get there. Thanks again.

Keen to know if youre working it out & made any contacts/fishing clubs -Ive just relocated from Manilla NSW to Moore Park Beach this week. Lucky its been blowing its bum off (yes'Windy Cindy' has arrived lol) so the unpacking is actually getting done .

Spent some time at Burnett Heads last Sept & got out to the 4mile reef everyday. Looking to start exploring the Kolan this weekend & head out Monduran one day next week. Not as flash as you gavgav....4m Hornet Trophy 40etec gets me in enough trouble

If you new to town lads haven't called me, or if you did and I was slurring, drop me another line and I will try and see how you are travelling... Cheers Kev, 0408 848 564.