Thread: Mojiko XTG Spinning reels

Mojiko XTG Spinning reels

Anaconda has these reel for aprox halfe price..$54.99 with 13+1 ball bearings ??, these reels any good would most here think??..Worth the buy??.

Re: Mojiko XTG Spinning reels

Chinese ebay reels also have 13 b/b - but they're still rubbish! I know they sound appealing, but I have a sneaky feeling they just won't last the distance. Admittedly, I haven't played with the big snake's lastest offering, but if they hold true to type like some of their past reels, I'll stick with shimano, penn or daiwa!
    I've been burnt in the past by chasing down what seemed to be bargains. Hope someone can prove me wrong!

Yep recieved the reel and for what i payed for it it looks tops, only time will tell as to its quallity but for what i want it for its better than paying what the asking price is for top brands ey..Mainlt use my spinning reels for Bream, Whiting etc ..
    You know i have a couple of Shimano Biomaster 11- 2010 and a 1010 which ive had for near thirty years or somewhere in that vicnity using it for the abovementioned fish , looked after them and they are still like new and alloy gears at that.
    Unles i use them for Red Emperor or Spanish mackeral i think i or the Grandchildren will be still using them in years to come lol..
    Come the time i win lotto or simmillar i will then get one of these Mucho dinero reels that look the same as this one but cost heaps more lol..
    Yeah i know gearing etc will be better quallity..

Good luck with it - and I hope to hear further down the track that it's still hanging on for you. Personally, I don't believe the hype that accompanies some top-of-the-line reels. And I certainly baulk at shelling out $500 to $1000 for a spinning reel!
    Even winning Tattslotto wouldn't convince me to shell that amount out! I guess however, if I was a fanboy who needed to possess the latest and greatest, and was gullible enough to swallow the hype of the big tackle companies, then I'd need them!
    I think of my dad and the fish that he and his mates caught all those years ago - with tackle that most of us would laugh at now.
    I tend to stick with some mid-range reels - Shimano Symetres, Daiwa Freams in the smaller sizes, and Shimano Aeros for larger stuff. Never had an issue with any of them. Caught some fish way beyond expectations on them, too, and as 99% of my fishing involves spinning, they get far more use than any baitfishing reel.
    As far as cheaper reels go, I've bought, and then sold off, more than I care to think about - and I've had plenty of them get very very sloppy after a while. It seems that the constant handle rotation in conjunction with it's supporting ball bearing, wears an ellipse in the reel body after a while - think Daiwa's 'engine plates'. Their answer to the problem in composite bodies, and now marketed as an added bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by robfish 1 View Post
    Good luck with it - and I hope to hear further down the track that it's still hanging on for you. Personally, I don't believe the hype that accompanies some top-of-the-line reels. And I certainly baulk at shelling out $500 to $1000 for a spinning reel!
    Even winning Tattslotto wouldn't convince me to shell that amount out! I guess however, if I was a fanboy who needed to possess the latest and greatest, and was gullible enough to swallow the hype of the big tackle companies, then I'd need them!
    I think of my dad and the fish that he and his mates caught all those years ago - with tackle that most of us would laugh at now.
    I tend to stick with some mid-range reels - Shimano Symetres, Daiwa Freams in the smaller sizes, and Shimano Aeros for larger stuff. Never had an issue with any of them. Caught some fish way beyond expectations on them, too, and as 99% of my fishing involves spinning, they get far more use than any baitfishing reel.
    As far as cheaper reels go, I've bought, and then sold off, more than I care to think about - and I've had plenty of them get very very sloppy after a while. It seems that the constant handle rotation in conjunction with it's supporting ball bearing, wears an ellipse in the reel body after a while - think Daiwa's 'engine plates'. Their answer to the problem in composite bodies, and now marketed as an added bonus!
    Happy wit the Daiwa Freams??, was looking at a 1000..

Hi Volvo! Yeah - happy as with the Freams. I have a 2004 and a 2500 - and they are literally the smoothest reels I've ever owned. The 2004 is used on a Crucis 7'8", 1-3kg rod, with 8lb Gliss, and has caught a heap of fish and never missed a beat. The spare spool (a 2000), is loaded with 10lb j-braid in case I hit an unstoppable. Just like I did two weeks ago when chasing trevally under the Merimbula bridge. Got seriously dusted twice on the oysters around the bridge, upgraded to the heavier line...and never got another hit! Ah well...c'est la vie!
    The Freams has a silky smooth drag - even when I had the line singing in the breeze!

Looks like I might have to just invest in one. Merimbula ey??,was on our visit list last year with the Van but never made it past Wollongong due to the knee.
    Still on the list for maybe this year if we dont end up staying in the Northern Rivers most the time.
    Spent a lot of time down thT neck of the woods in my younger days especially Eden.
    You might want to part with a couple of landbased spots where I might pick up a good Bream or Whiting lol ??.
    Batemans Bay is a def and from there on ??wherever the fish are bighting ..

Dodgy knees, eh? I can sympathise with you there! I' have no cartilage left in either knee - so have had to shelve my boating until I pick up the courage to have replacements. Don't think that'll happen anytime soon, though!
    I do love Merimbula, but for some reason, I hadn't fished it for around 20 years - always heading elsewhere. Last trip away, my wife and I decided just to drive somewhere, and Merimbula was where we ended up for the best part of a fortnight. So glad I did!
    As far as spots go - happy to help.
    1. On the town side of the bridge, there's a parking area, where you can chase silvers on an incoming tide. Early morning sees the prawns jumping about, trying to escape - and soft plastics imitating them work a treat. Lost a couple of unstoppables on light braid, which the local tackle guru reckons may have been jews.
    2. In the main lake, park at the boat hire/cafe at the top of the lake and walk about 300m south. There's a great bank that wadeable on low tide, and the dropoff can be fished for both whiting and bream. My lure of choice would be a Gulp 3" fry, crawled along the bottom.Had a lot of success with this tactic.
    3. Any of the oyster racks accessible from shore will yield bream, but getting 'em out landbased? That's a whole 'nother story!
    4. Bar beach (either side) is well worth a shot for whiting.
    5. Tathra Wharf. Close enough to nip up for an hour or two. When I was there, the place was alive with slimies over a kilo. Top fun when you're 20ft off the water, and on 2kg bream gear! Mind you, just two weeks later, the place is swarming with little kingies, frigates and bonito! Typical!

All of the places I fished, I sussed out on Google maps prior to arrival. Well worth the time spent. You could also log onto Tackle world Merimbula's website, and subscribe to their newsfeed, too.
    Now that I'm closer to retirement age than ever, I can see why so many retire there!

Price we pay fer getting old mate , Knee joints Shoulder joints etc and the insurance mobs know it and keep us hanging on a limb and charge whatever they wish ..
    Appreciate the feedbackk regarding those spots. Will jot them down and come time to visit the area will suss em out..