Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lomg range charters (Qld)

Long range charters (Qld)

With the possible demise of a well known Sports fishing charter operation - what alternatives can be recommended for long range charters in North Qld

I'm looking at sportfishing - so poppers / stickbaits for GTs , plastics for all sorts of species - a bit of mackerel trolling etc rather than dropping down hunks of lead for Reds & Nanny .

a live on board .... with good dories / sports fishing vessels is appealing - anywhere from North of Gladstone & into the Cape - Professional outfit

I've heard good and bad ...... I don't want to report on the bad .

Looking forward to your experiences

Cheers

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Lomg range charters (Qld)

Not sure how appropriate this is Chris.

Just saying............

What demise?
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Not sure how appropriate this is Chris.

Just saying............
    point taken ......
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

For you mate

none.

Stay in Sydney your not welcome.
    Cheers

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    What demise?
    Look on the ASIC website ....... Someone pointed it out to me when I spoke to them about doing a charter -

There's certainly an insolvency notice

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by StevenM View Post
    For you mate

none.

Stay in Sydney your not welcome.
    Better come up there more often than I do ..... starting Friday

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Nice way to sink the boot in Chris. Subtle as always.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Look on the ASIC website ....... Someone pointed it out to me when I spoke to them about doing a charter -

There's certainly an insolvency notice

Chris
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...ighlight=nomad
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Don't know about south of the border, but up here we use an "N" in the word long

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Don't know about south of the border, but up here we use an "N" in the word long
    touché ..... it was sorted but it doesn't correct the title

So we just need to go with LOMG ..... I'm sure there is an acronym I could come up with eg " Lots Of Money Gone "
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    Nice way to sink the boot in Chris. Subtle as always.
    Dale - I was looking forward to booking a trip with these guys & I came pretty close to organising a trip for next year - it would have required nearly a $4000 deposit (each) !
    This has nothing to do with laying in the boot Dale ...... or being subtle - the fact remains that the operation is under a big cloud .

But while I'm at it - how do you feel about an operation that is trading normally (advertising & canvassing business) whilst there was an Insolvency hearing due . what if the business is wound up ? What happens to the unsecured creditors who paid deposits ?. Maybe think about that subtleness.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

"Everyone loves a juicy rumour on facebook, but Nomad Sportfishing is in no financial difficulty whatsoever and continues with business as usual with the same boats, crew, management and the same great trips and locations that we have always delivered. Once you see beyond the headlines you’ll see this all has to do with a problem with a minor shareholder in Nomad Sportfishing Pty Ltd submitting false documents to the QLD Supreme Court. That is a long and boring story involving a lot of lawyers, but it has nothing to do with the operation of Nomad Sportfishing Adventures. Anyone who cares to research beyond the juicy headlines will see that a different company called Trafplan Pty Ltd actually owns our mothership, the trading names, business names and all the assets and owns the Nomad Sportfishing business name and logos. Trafplan Pty Ltd trading as Nomad Sportfishing Adventures continues to operate Nomad Sportfishing Adventures as normal. Nobody is missing any trips or not getting paid, so if people could maybe share some facts about this rather than just the juicy headlines that would be nice."

Why didn't you mention their name Chris? Why put every operation under a cloud? Nomad isn't hard to spell is it? I'm sure their opposition love you having a bash, did they offer you a discount for posting this, or are you just trying to crucify them for fun?

Whoever you choose, I hope their boats carry Fire Extinguishers and Fire Blankets.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post

Why didn't you mention their name Chris? Why put every operation under a cloud? Nomad isn't hard to spell is it? I'm sure their opposition love you having a bash, did they offer you a discount for posting this, or are you just trying to crucify them for fun?

Whoever you choose, I hope their boats carry Fire Extinguishers and Fire Blankets.
    Why put every operation under a cloud ........I'm sure their opposition love you having a bash
    Well - I have to say Dale ..... That really makes a lot of sense - you've excelled on this occasion Who's opposition ??

or are you just too focused on being a troll
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I am interested to know.

And on a side note, if nomad are in trouble or not, having a chat about long range fishing charters on a forum isn't going to change a thing.

Thanks
    Rob