Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How i failed the Q-safe LOL

Re: How i failed the Q-safe LOL

Quote Originally Posted by patrol50 View Post
    bit tough mate going at a guy because of his english literacy / vocab / spelling - the guy gets his point across and some people are part dyslexic ( i am ) and maybe the guy did not get a crack at a full time education up to tech or uni level due to having to earn a dollar - and i have met a few smart successful men in my time that did not go past the scholarship level and hence had the odd bit of trouble with the queens english
    Ppl lol etc is not illiteracy, it's pure friggin laziness. Spell check is free. If you know you can't spell, use it. I'm not taking the piss. This is a forum. The use of the written word and the odd emoticon is all people (ppl) have to communicate with. If you can't be arsed trying find a place that uses FaceTime. I would never take the piss from someone who genuinely tries so don't play the dyslexic card because it's not what's going on here. You should see the overtime my spellchecker does with my fat fingers and a phone before it comes out looking like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo View Post
    "In my day..."....cars had drum brakes and you were taught to use the gears to slow down - 3 speed with no syncro on 1st.
    I guess brakes are much better now so probably not so important. ...that said, have you smelt the constant cloud of brake dust coming down Mt Glorious?
    I still do use the transmission to bleed off speed - even in the auto when towing the boat.
    This is the very first thing that came to my mind.

Try driving my FX and using brakes alone. You will wind up dead.

Same for me in my auto, I still use the gearbox on hill descents.

How many people here drive autos that go into neutral on hill descent compared to the autos that change down on hill descent. I guess the auto manufacturers don't know anything. I'd pay money to watch Mitch bring a truck, or even a ute with a reasonable boat behind it, down the Toowoomba or Cunningham's Gap. They don't call it Angel Gear or Suicide Gear for nothing.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Truck or car, if all was equal and the other guy never did anything wrong then you can get away with it but there are too many instances of vehicles running red lights, coming around corners too fast or just plain lost control. In an auto in these cases you just hit the pedal and maneuver yourself out of danger, in a manual the time it takes you to put the vehicle in gear is likely to not get you out of the situation.
    I have been in such a situation years ago when I still drove manuals and was taught to downshift and stay in gear, a car hit another on the opposite side of the road as I was nearly stopped at a red light, I was fortunate in that with a bit of acceleration I could move forwards and to the left and avoided being involved.
    Until this thread I hadn't even thought of coasting in to stop in neutral, still thing it is wrong and poor driving habit of which I have a few but not this one.

Quote Originally Posted by patrol50 View Post
    bit tough mate going at a guy because of his english literacy / vocab / spelling - the guy gets his point across and some people are part dyslexic ( i am ) and maybe the guy did not get a crack at a full time education up to tech or uni level due to having to earn a dollar - and i have met a few smart successful men in my time that did not go past the scholarship level and hence had the odd bit of trouble with the queens english
    When you say uni level/scholarship level you mean grade 2 right.

Dont drive manual nowaday, no longer a trucker driver or race for money anymore lol, I've seen and lost many good friends due to manual and the report always say the same shit!, stalled, clutch failed, gearbox failed, all thing where speed or full control of break could of void

Yeah didnt get a chance full-time education like most, even tho most who does still turn out like crap or worst... and it not even a dyslexic card, lol it common sense... we have the same goal.. to make money! anyway, anyhow to get it, if u call that dyslexic then maybe you need to get out more... dyslexic only apply in corporation/trades, if you think otherwise then you got no idea wtf you're on about...

yeah totally agreed with dogg15 lol uni Lvl means grade 2, would explain why only 25% a successful and only 5% of them ever get employed and all the others ended in debt

it a forum, not a school BBS, don't expect illiteracy, deal with it, if you cant then dont

there is no bad driver, just
    impatient drivers but that just my thoughts

To answer Mitc's original question - I don't coast to a stop, use gears and brakes.

I reckon it's pretty hard to find a perfect driver - we all make mistakes sometime. That said, learning to keep safe over time, is a good thing.

Agree that one of the biggest problems is aggro and distraction.

Time for coffee!!

Quote Originally Posted by mitc69 View Post
    Dont drive manual nowaday, no longer a trucker driver or race for money anymore lol, I've seen and lost many good friends due to manual and the report always say the same shit!, stalled, clutch failed, gearbox failed, all thing where speed or full control of break could of void

Yeah didnt get a chance full-time education like most, even tho most who does still turn out like crap or worst... and it not even a dyslexic card, lol it common sense... we have the same goal.. to make money! anyway, anyhow to get it, if u call that dyslexic then maybe you need to get out more... dyslexic only apply in corporation/trades, if you think otherwise then you got no idea wtf you're on about...

yeah totally agreed with dogg15 lol uni Lvl means grade 2, would explain why only 25% a successful and only 5% of them ever get employed and all the others ended in debt

it a forum, not a school BBS, don't expect illiteracy, deal with it, if you cant then dont

there is no bad driver, just
    impatient drivers but that just my thoughts
    Have you tried to read this back to yourself?

Are you saying you move the auto into neutral when you brake?

And are you really saying that most people who have received a full time education turn out crap?
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Interesting though and not sure if still applies but my daughter lost points on her test by taking the vehicle out of gear at a red light, this was 12 years ago.

How does that work. Wouldn't that be more dangerous if our foot slipped of the clutch

Quote Originally Posted by goona View Post
    Interesting though and not sure if still applies but my daughter lost points on her test by taking the vehicle out of gear at a red light, this was 12 years ago.

How does that work. Wouldn't that be more dangerous if our foot slipped of the clutch
    Because it takes longer to get it into first in case of an emergency. If you have it in first while stopped and your foot slips off the clutch you'll probably just stall it, since your foot should be on the brake as well.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    Because it takes longer to get it into first in case of an emergency. If you have it in first while stopped and your foot slips off the clutch you'll probably just stall it, since your foot should be on the brake as well.
    I have been driving for close to 30 years now and I cannot for the life of me think of 1 such "Emergency" where I needed to be in first gear sitting at the lights in readiness to take off. If anything I would get a sore leg holding the thing in with the potential to slip or let out and then it would take off into traffic crossing through the intersection. Granted most cars would probably stall but if I am sitting at a level et of lights you wouldn't be applying much pressure to the pedal and if my left foot did slip I know the Patrol would take off due to the low down torque it produces and project me into traffic crossing the intersection. I think it is more dangerous