Thread: Nerang 20 Feb 16

Nerang 20 Feb 16

Shot up the Nerang to the council chambers last night for a quick fish. Trip started poorly with an absolute rooky blonde moment - did you know that a jocky wheel in contact with the road does absolutely nothing to slow the forward momentum of a Landcruiser . Was smooth from that point forward though apart from the fish being a bit unco-operative. Ended up with 6 Tings and a lonely Bream. Biggest Ting went right on 40cm though so it wasn't all bad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nerang Feb 2016 001.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	112426

Re: Nerang 20 Feb 16

A couple of nice fish there. My Dad was asked once by someone at the tip how long he got out of his jockey wheels because his weren't lasting long apparently he didn't know to lift it up.

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    A couple of nice fish there. My Dad was asked once by someone at the tip how long he got out of his jockey wheels because his weren't lasting long apparently he didn't know to lift it up.
    The answer to that is about 1500 metres.

Spoken by a man with experience I'm thinking........... LOL

Hi Scott some nice fish there mate, do you mind saying wheather you fished run in or out tide and what you were using as bait, cheers wayne

Bit of both Wayne. More or less fished from sun down till 11pm (fish died right off by about 10.30) with the high tide at 8.30. Most of the fish fell to yabbies.

First time I took my boat out, I drove from home at Norman Park to Scarborough ramp with the jockey wheel down.
    No idea how I made it. Still use it to this day, not even damaged (much).
    Peter

Thanks for the info Scott we were near there on the Sunday night and fished till 11pm, damn windy but some good fish caught we were using bloodworms though, cheers wayne

At least you only rubbed out half your wheel rubber.

You should see what happens when you swing the jockey wheel up the wrong way.....the handle hits the road as you reverse out of the driveway and ....ping! Broken handle.

Who knew there was a right way and wrong way to put up a swing jockey wheel ?? $50 later, I have since learned that 'handle forward to the towbar' is the correct method.

Nice tings mate.
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.