Thread: Four Beacons 20/2

Four Beacons 20/2

I took my brother and a mate out to fish the four beacons for Makerel on Saturday. We left the ramp at 5 and made our way across the bay from the Brissie River.
    We found a lot of bait around the beacons but no luck with the Makerel until after lunch when my mate got 2, 52 and 56cm schoolies. After that quiet again so we made our way back to the ramp hitting the beacons as we went. I dropped a schoolie beside the boat and my brother managed a few undersized tailor.
    It wasn't the most successful fishing day but it was good to get out on the boat after having it sit in the shed since October as my wife had a baby boy over the Christmas break. Looking forward to the cooler months and snapper season, they are long hot days throwing slugs at beacons for little reward.

Re: Four Beacons 20/2

It was tough fishing yesterday but a feed none the less thanks for reporting
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Hey mate, I tried a live pike on the bottom around the beacons for a cod but no luck. I'll get one sooner or later.

I hooked up and landed a 34lb long tail at the next beacon up

Top effort. We saw a school of tuna chasing bait at that beacon and tried chasing them but couldn't tempt them whith a slug or trolling a skirt so gave up on them. What did you catch it on?

Dirty old pillie mate I could not believe it
    i probably seen you at the beacons my boats a tournament walk around with a 175suzi on the back