Thread: Fishing is a tough Business

Fishing is a tough Business

These guys were on my bucket list.
    https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.a...d-bce4a744c9ce
    Hope they some how get another life.

Seems there might be some sort of legal dealings that is causing confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Update from Damo on FB

"Everyone loves a juicy rumour on facebook, but Nomad Sportfishing is in no financial difficulty whatsoever and continues with business as usual with the same boats, crew, management and the same great trips and locations that we have always delivered. Once you see beyond the headlines you’ll see this all has to do with a problem with a minor shareholder in Nomad Sportfishing Pty Ltd submitting false documents to the QLD Supreme Court. That is a long and boring story involving a lot of lawyers, but it has nothing to do with the operation of Nomad Sportfishing Adventures. Anyone who cares to research beyond the juicy headlines will see that a different company called Trafplan Pty Ltd actually owns our mothership, the trading names, business names and all the assets and owns the Nomad Sportfishing business name and logos. Trafplan Pty Ltd trading as Nomad Sportfishing Adventures continues to operate Nomad Sportfishing Adventures as normal. Nobody is missing any trips or not getting paid, so if people could maybe share some facts about this rather than just the juicy headlines that would be nice."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    Thanks Funchy. Perhaps Ozynorts could edit the opening post to include that so people who dont read through the whole thread arent left with the wrong impression. Great news - they offer a very unique service.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Re: Fishing is a tough Business

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Thats not good
    big ohead operation

Damn! That is bad news, they had such a great reputation for putting on top trips. Wonder what happened.....
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    We are so lucky they were just advertising 25 percent of and my wife nearly brought a trip instead of trim tabs
    but I do hope they can sort it as it is a iconic trip in Aus
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Ask any charter operator , it's a tough business one week you have a heap of customers who want to fish but you get shit weather and then on the other hand they get good weather and they can't fill boats with people . It's not a business for the faint of heart , imagine buying a new second hand boat for your business and second trip out you drop one inboard on your black watch wooops there goes another 50K if you want to keep working . That's why I am a construction worker , imagine Nomads overheads they would be enormous , mothership , guides , chefs , tackle little boats it would be out there I would imagine . I hope they can come out the other side for those that want to use their service ...... Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Good luck Damon, one of the nice guys.
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Blog Entries

Update from Damo on FB

"Everyone loves a juicy rumour on facebook, but Nomad Sportfishing is in no financial difficulty whatsoever and continues with business as usual with the same boats, crew, management and the same great trips and locations that we have always delivered. Once you see beyond the headlines you’ll see this all has to do with a problem with a minor shareholder in Nomad Sportfishing Pty Ltd submitting false documents to the QLD Supreme Court. That is a long and boring story involving a lot of lawyers, but it has nothing to do with the operation of Nomad Sportfishing Adventures. Anyone who cares to research beyond the juicy headlines will see that a different company called Trafplan Pty Ltd actually owns our mothership, the trading names, business names and all the assets and owns the Nomad Sportfishing business name and logos. Trafplan Pty Ltd trading as Nomad Sportfishing Adventures continues to operate Nomad Sportfishing Adventures as normal. Nobody is missing any trips or not getting paid, so if people could maybe share some facts about this rather than just the juicy headlines that would be nice."

Good to hear!

Lets hope the dispute can be sorted out ASAP and that the laywers dont bring the house down in the process.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Thanks Funchy. Perhaps Ozynorts could edit the opening post to include that so people who dont read through the whole thread arent left with the wrong impression. Great news - they offer a very unique service.

Blog Entries

I will make this disclaimer - I only copy pasted what was on a FB site. I have no knowledge of it's legitimacy and I have no affiliations etc with them, just thought I would share the info I read.

Never good to hear of popular businesses going down.

mmm Ozynorts link looks pretty legit, not sure I would be confident paying a deposit knowing I would more than likely be an "unsecured creditor" if the worst happened. Good luck to them however, hope they can trade their way out of this.
    what a sad sad AB

Quote Originally Posted by hainsofast View Post
    mmm Ozynorts link looks pretty legit, not sure I would be confident paying a deposit knowing I would more than likely be an "unsecured creditor" if the worst happened. Good luck to them however, hope they can trade their way out of this.
    If it is true, the receivers will most likely simply keep peoples money and start again - much the same as Dick Smith Electronics did. Same shops, same trading name - try and get warranty on an item purchased prior to the receivers taking over like I did - welcome to the unsecured creditors hotline. If they do it and honour their existing contracts - good on them. If they try and do it by ripping off the people that have spent money with the company in good faith - may they go down with their ship.

I just done a trip with Nomad in Feb.Everything exceeded my expectations even though I had seen many videos/fishing show stories of their operation.The attitude of the crew was second to none and their enthusiasm and effort was memorable.A first class operation right from the boats, tackle to the hospitality.I wish Damon and the crew all the best and I will be back soon.