Thread: Gneerings never produces for me getting upset

Gneerings never produces for me getting upset

Please help me I thought I used to be a good fisher person but too many times now I go to the effort of getting up at 3am after preparing the boat the night before to get out on the ocean all excited to no avail. I was out this morning saw the sun come up tried every bait lots of different spots, bait schools present, trolling as well, and caught absolutely nothing, just losing gear on the reef. Just a few little nibbles and a turtle that liked my squid. There was a big swell and a light variable wind. It seems ridiculous but perhaps I need to go out 35km to get a fish?

Re: Gneerings never produces for me getting upset

havent been out there in the north for last 2mth but -26.647666,153.203333 is where u see alot of boatie go on clam days or just follow the pack of boaties on the weekend
    hot days mean there deeper so expect to go deeper
    i like the dragonfly fish finder, i find fish better on that then any lowrance i've own, idle out on fish spot and soft plastic

maybe the guys around here take u out for a spin

Angers are like gamblers - you only ever hear about the wins.

Sounds like you are giving it a good crack with your efforts.

Gets hit so hard, fish are super wary and the reef is sticky as hell and just takes all your tackle, better off trying elsewhere IMHO

Places like the Gneerings take a good while to get wired. Due to the pressure they receive the fish are usually super wary. Burley and unweighted or very lightly weighted baits on light gear are a start. Moving heaps can be counter productive - got to give the burley time to work.

The Back side of Murphy's fishes well, we where getting bait last time and bagged four good fish on bait jigs. Not much further out and a bit more ground. Try fishing the dusk. It will give you more time to get set up and anchored on a good show. It tends to be easier to drop the pick in the right spot during daylight in my opinion. All make sure you have plenty of burley getting fed out as the sun drops. Good luck.

It seems that lots of the reefs on the coast are fishing fairly poorly at the moment for whatever reason. I've found regressing to basics has worked.
    Look for structure on the scanner more then fish, drop a decent burly trail to the bottom and hang up the soft plastics, right now their catching more anglers then fish. back to bait, fishing light and dropping burly has helped me around the noosa reefs. Try dropping a feather jig and using fresh slab bait and a live bait or two as well, i've found the frozen stuff doesn't cut it right now.
    Also a handy hint, if your fish finder has the words Lowrance on the case, the best possible use for it is as a snapper weight.

Quote Originally Posted by airlock View Post
    Also a handy hint, if your fish finder has the words Lowrance on the case, the best possible use for it is as a snapper weight.
    A tad harsh perhaps.... regardless it won't be any good for that either - bloody things float.