Thread: lowrance Elite7 TI a QuickLook with Moose

lowrance Elite7 TI a QuickLook with Moose

Hi guys. we had the one elite TI 7 " unit arrive today "only 20 came into aus/nz" . but thats okay. it only takes one to make a little quick look video!

so. here it is

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Re: lowrance Elite7 TI a QuickLook with Moose

Looks like a good alternative for small offshore boats. I need a new combo unit with all those features but HDS has always been too expensive.

That transducer is massive though. I would probably pair it with a through hull airmar.

Damo's dodgy boat building repair shop.
    Damo's dodgy boat repairs.
    1993 bermuda by Haines 530f - completed resto.
    1976 cruisecraft rogue 14 - estuary weapon.
    1984 vickers easyrider 156 - future project.

how so? the HDS structure transducer the same size... but yer cant wait to get mine this week if lucky.
    think it great value... picking it over hds 7 gen 3

Ausfish Platinum Member

Will this interface with the Lowrance Autopilot? Looks like good value, if the transducer is stronger than the POS 83/200/455/800 that usually comes packaged with the HDI-7. Chucked mine for a HST-DFBSL, much better, even in 30 metres.

Hi Moose

Nice review. Can i ask what you mean by "not a proper CHIRP transducer"? how does it vary from say the new Garmin echo 7 or helix 7.

Cheers!

hey mate. its still using the same elements as the HSTWSBL 83/200 300w transducer. just, like in the HDS series its running through a chirp modulator.. so its... CHIRP... .with an asterix

the echomap CHIRP 75sv and dv. run a chirped 250w wide high frequency transducer which.. on paper should be better. but watch this space for a head to head.

www.moosemarine.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    the echomap CHIRP 75sv and dv. run a chirped 250w wide high frequency transducer which.. on paper should be better. but watch this space for a head to head.
    Please do this! This is what I want to see. Is the extra $500 for the full chirp 95sv worth it???
    Cheers
    Craig

depends. i made mention in the garmin echomap 75 chirp video how the gap between the old echomap and gpsmap has narrowed. they have sort of made the 75 and 95sv chirp series a bit of a spitutual replacement for the old 820 and 1020. minus a few things. so NMEA2000 and panoptix make it a bit of a beast....

but what it all comes down to is the transducer choices. so.. DING DING.. round 1!

www.moosemarine.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    Please do this! This is what I want to see. Is the extra $500 for the full chirp 95sv worth it???
    Cheers
    Craig
    I am also very interested in this comparison

Is the only deference between the echomap CHIRP 75sv and echomap CHIRP 95sv the screen size or are there other technical differences,

thanks
    Stevet

no difference other than screen size

www.moosemarine.com.au

Ausfish Platinum Member

Moose--something the Lowrance website won't tell me--I am using the narrow beam HST-DFSBL 50/200. Is this a 300W transducer ? Shows a much stronger and better defined reading of both ground and fish , even as shallow as 20 metres, than the 83/200/455/800 that came bundled with the HDI-7 Elite CHIRP. I know the sounder is only 250 W output anyway--is the stronger picture down to a higher rated transducer, or just that the narrower beam gives a better definition? The Xducer comparison tool on the website is very interesting to use for bandwidth comparison--the *-DFSBL has almost exactly half the beam width as any thing else I entered into the tool.

yep thats a 500w 50.200. their "Deep water" transducer.. if you like... why it was packaged with the elite7 chirp im not sure. most got packaged with HDI transducers. but never mind .
    the narrower 50khz will be crisper for sure. its like holding your hand up to your eye like a child pretending to have a pirates telescope ................"you just tried that out didnt you " it puts more power onto the target.. even with less power..

www.moosemarine.com.au

Ausfish Platinum Member

Thanks for that. It wasn't packaged, HDI came packaged with the 83/200/455/800 skimmer. I bought the 50/200 s/hand and fitted a pigtail to suit. Total cost was $100 all up.