Thread: My boat.

My boat.

Nothing doing fishing-wise, so I thought I'd post a couple of pics of the mighty Horizon ready to go fishing. It was taken at Manly last year prior to a Mud Island run. Bought it as a package at the 2014 Boat Show, but changed all the lights to LED, upgraded the trailer winch, added a Bilge Pump, a few rod holders, a little GPS, and some LED strip light under the side decks. So far it's taken me where I want to go in the Bay, way up the Burrum River and the creeks around there and a 40(+) km round trip from Burrum Heads up to Woodgate and back for a spot of fishing with the young bloke without a drama; he had a ball and was not frightened out in the "big water". Mooloolaba us the next stop. This little boat handles like a dream, and the ride is surprisingly soft and dry for a tin boat of this size, but they are mad so much differently (and better) than when I last had one. I do think, however, that it's a tad underpowered with the 30 on the back; 40 would be just perfect. Now, if the Minister For War And Finance and/or the Lotto Gods would smile upon me, a 40hp outboard and a Garmin plotter/sounder combo would make things all right with the world.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I fish; therefore I am...

Politicians are just like kangaroos; they're lovely to have around, but they need a good CULL every now and then just to keep the population in check...

Re: My boat.

nice rig