Thread: Currumbin Creek

Currumbin Creek

Hi guys, Ive just moved to the area and done my first trip up the creek. Does anybody fish up this creek for jacks or flathead? It looks like the bend on the top (just past the canals) is a good spot, and I found baitfish a bit further up, before the bridge at Galleon Way. The mouths to the canals look OK too. Mid river section looks very muddy and barren. What about just inside the mouth under the GC Hwy bridge, any jews?

What is this about 2 hidden cameras for jetskiers and 6kt limit? Do they have a speed camera, or just a traffic observation camera?

cheers
    Andrew
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.

Re: Currumbin Creek

if your talking about these cam
    http://www.coastalwatch.com/surf-cam.../qld/currumbin

then it just observation otherwise if your talking about the one off RSL and next M1 then that a speed camera

personally i dont like the river, all i get is under size beams using lures,

There are a few good flathead in there, my pb of 82cm was caught in Currumbin Creek in Nov 2014. I fished there on Sunday for a couple of whiting, a couple of bream, a flounder, 38cm flattie and a 33cm trevally. Caught on a variety of yabbies, soft plastics and hard bodies. Dropped a couple of trevally and a big pike. I have yet to explore too much further upstream than the M1 bridge but have heard there are good fish up there.

Thanks guys, I know the whiting hang in front of the RSL, and I have caught flathead under the GC Hwy bridge.
    Im gonna explore up the creek a bit and see how i go.

So the 2 cameras are actually speed cameras, and they are located near the RSL and M1 bridge? I hear they have them at Hollywell too.

i wonder if they are infrared like the Hwy cams?

cheers
    Andrew

Saw this one metre barra on facebook caught in Tally Ck a few days ago. Apparently the guy had a research permit to net for bullsharks as part of an approved program. It was released. I hope he finds his way into Currumbin Ck!tally barra.jpg