Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Used boat Dilemma 1800 Tournament Bluewater vs Haines Hunter 580sf

Used boat Dilemma 1800 Tournament Bluewater vs Haines Hunter 580sf

Hi All, weighing up these 2 boats and would love your opinion/choice.

1st. 2012 1800 Tournament Bluewater Yammie 115hp V4 saltwater. Package only done 63hrs and is in immaculate condition.

2nd. 1998 Haines hunter 580sf with 2002 150hp Saltwater series. This boat has 500hrs on it and has just had floor and stringers done but not transom. Good condition for its age.

Both are very similarly priced and have very similar options. I'm looking for something I don't want to sped to much money on and that's why i'm leaning towards option 1. However i'm sure the Haines may be a better ride.

Cheers

Re: Used boat Dilemma 1800 Tournament Bluewater vs Haines Hunter 580sf

option one without a doubt lol, just cuz option 2 has too many hrs

This day and age keep looking and find something with a high tech 2 stroke or a 4 stroke. What is your budget and what tow vehicle?

Around 30k and can tow up to 2.5 tonne. I'm actually pretty happy with a saltwater series they are a tough engine and the noise and fuel doesn't worry me to much. Ive had a fair few problems with four strokes and there corrosion its happened several times with yamaha's and suzukis i've owned.

Yep, agree, keep looking, I would give the new floor and stringer business a miss unless you know who actually did the job, and Mitc..500 hours too much in 14 years? Jesus

So no one thinks the 1800 tournament is worth it?

500hr in 14yrs not much at all, however he wanted something not to much to spend on, therefore the most logical choice is less hrs for value for money...

with 30k and 2.5T.. keep looking, im still pushing you toward a cat, there a nice one on boatsale for 20k aussie whalers... but seem your hook on 1800 Tournament Bluewater and your just trying find excuse not to buy it but not buying it gonna make you wonder and it'll leave an awful feeling to it, trust me we all been there lol... sometime it better to just buy what your guts tell you better then the feeling... of could of had

even i had hard time with dragonfly and hummingbird helix 5 si... i knew helix 5 was better.. but i was hooked on the dragonfly , got all the opinion and all pointer to helix5, but in the end i wasnt satisfy with the choices and still got the dragonfly... a year later i dont regret it one bit... the fish finder is better then any sounder i say, but time to upgrade to lowrance TI total scan this wk hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by mitc69 View Post
    500hr in 14yrs not much at all, however he wanted something not to much to spend on, therefore the most logical choice is less hrs for value for money...

with 30k and 2.5T.. keep looking, im still pushing you toward a cat, there a nice one on boatsale for 20k aussie whalers... but seem your hook on 1800 Tournament Bluewater and your just trying find excuse not to buy it but not buying it gonna make you wonder and it'll leave an awful feeling to it, trust me we all been there lol... sometime it better to just buy what your guts tell you better then the feeling... of could of had

even i had hard time with dragonfly and hummingbird helix 5 si... i knew helix 5 was better.. but i was hooked on the dragonfly , got all the opinion and all pointer to helix5, but in the end i wasnt satisfy with the choices and still got the dragonfly... a year later i dont regret it one bit... the fish finder is better then any sounder i say, but time to upgrade to lowrance TI total scan this wk hopefully
    Aren't Aussie whalers a tri hull?

ah yeh tri hull, still not bad just cant do 90degree turns lol but still cats

Its seems that alot of newer 18-19ft boats are well above 30k and thats why I think the tournament is well priced and the better option. Not fixed on a tournament more essentially the value for money.

Do NOT buy a boat because you saw it on a TV show, and the guy said it was fabulous.......lots of good boats around for 30 grand.

well question is... have you done the boat assessment test?

budget type?
    tow weight car?
    garage space
    how often you fish a wk?
    what the boat used for? family? ski? etc
    what fish you after? freshwater? saltwater? creeks?
    how much fuel you wanna spend a week?
    how long you tend to keep it?
    strong resale?
    what type of platform you want? diving? etc?
    what type of ride you want? wet? dry? etc?
    what type of boat you want? alm, fiber, plate
    how far you wanna travel?
    what option in boat you want? storage, cabin etc
    how far you wanna travel for a boat?

once you done it, it'll narrow your choices... yup most new boat sit between 35-50k mark due to tech and warranty...

Have a look at a Haines 580 or 530 Breeze. When you sell it you wont lose much or any money. They ride better than anything else in this size range. The Tournament sounds like a bargain now, but be prepared to burn some dollars when you sell it, like the guy who is selling it is going to do.

Yer, he is losing a bit of money selling it now, but I was thinking that surely a boat like that would still be worth around 20k if in good condition with low hrs in 5 years? It'll be only 9 years old then, not that ill wanna sell it

well tournament boat size isnt that much between 1600 (5m), 1750 (5.2), 1800 (5.5), if it the one from townsville that your buying and u mange to get him down to 30k it is quite the deal honestly and wroth it, we just saying you can find better...

1700F model brand new is like 35-40k
    1600 model brand new about 34-38k
    1800 model brand new about 48-55k

so if u compare it a 30k drop from 2015 to 2012 is quite a drop in 3yrs,... so in 9yrs it mostly be in the 10-20k mark if your under 350hrs.. well market value anyway... buying value is gonna be hard