Thread: Sand crabs in northen bay?

Sand crabs in northen bay?

Down for the week with the kids. Wondering if the sandies are still about between Cabbage Tree Ceeek and Scarborough. Which general direction should I head? Water depth? Thanks in advance.

Re: Sand crabs in northen bay?

weather has been crap for weeks around here.. so the crabs have been left alone for a while. i would be hitting the shallows near the woody pt jetty green zone, along the rock walls at Clontarf and underneath the reddy bridges
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Cbeers Kingcray. I have had s good hall in that general area previously. Thanks for the heads up. Will let you know how we go.

good luck mate.. dont leave your pots in o/night at woody pt. The next morning they will be full of wobbegongs and no crabs.. thats if the pro hasnt knocked them off.

Yeah thats right the pros will clean you up

Kingcray and Mort, Left some pots in overnight and they were left apparently untouched. Produced 3 nice keepers.Moved them out adjacent the green zone for a couple of hours to reap another 2 keepers. A slow day compared to my previous holiday jaunts. None the less...crab sangas for lunch. Jackamundi

nice work .. a bit of reward for the effort. I crab the area a lot and day time is definitely better for sandies