Thread: 1770 July/ August

1770 July/ August

G'day men,

Just thinking about how I am going to spend my holidays and came up with a thought.

I have seven weeks off from end of June through to the middle of August and was contemplating renting a house at Agnes for a couple of weeks. I have some commitments os for a couple of the weeks, and knowing what the weather can be like that time of year (varying from sensational to outhouse) I was trying to pre empt which weeks to do it.

Its outside of school holidays so low season rates, and it got me thinking that maybe it might be worth seeing if a few blokes want to kick in and get a place for 5-6 weeks. I would think that you would get a discount of sorts, and you would absolutely hope there would be a bit of weather thats fishable in that time.

Would also allow the opportunity to leave boats, gear etc in 1770 for an extended time and come and go as weather allows. I have mates that are more than happy to stay there if the weather is poo for a week and everyone goes home and I would also take my little boat up to fish in close or in the creeks.

Just gauging interest, I am not in need of deckies and not necessarily after people to go out with in groups of boats, I prefer to do my own thing, but if anyone is thinking of heading up there around that time it might be a reasonable option to pool some dosh and make the good times last longer......

Re: 1770 July/ August

I'll keep an eye on this one Shane and see if I can drag up my boat for one of those weekends mate. Chat soon, Darren

Re: 1770 July/ August

Sounds good Daz. Was up at the Sandstone Point pub the other Sunday, I should have given you a buzz. Top spot I reckon. We will catch up soon hey bud...