Classifieds

side console

side console

AUS $21,500.00
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1

    Colorado v d-max

    Hi all
    Sorry about another one of these threads.

    My old man is tossing up between these two dual cabs. In auto.
    No allegiance to either one.
    This will be his retirement car, so will be set up for touring, beach trips.
    No caravan on the cards at this point.
    will tow 2 ton boat on the hiway. Smaller boat up the beach.

    What are everyone's opions, pros and cons.

    Thanks
    Rob

  2. #2

    Re: Colorado v d-max

    From all my reading to me looks like the D-Max is better.

    My friend owns the Colorado, company car. He said he wouldn't buy one for himself. Rattles and leaks.

    My neighbour has the D-Max, no issues on his so far and it's been 4 years.

    In general though looks like the colorado had a few issues when they first came out, I remember reading about leaks on the roof and a rattle coming from the rear.

    That's is all i know.

  3. #3

    Re: Colorado v d-max

    I've had the Dmax for three months with absolutely no issues at all except the door skins vibrate if you turn up the bass.
    They come out of the same factory as the Colorado which has a different motor and transmission, most of the body and chassis should be the same. Some Colorados burn oil, I've personally seen this and have read Holden will top it up for free so,there must be some issue there.
    The currrent Model Dmax is a dirty diesel and a smaller cleaner twin turbo is on the way.

  4. #4

    Re: Colorado v d-max

    I read in todays Courier that some one is suing Toyota. It appears he bought a Prado new and it had a vibration.
    The vibration comes in at 90 to 100 kph. He took it back to the dealer numerous times eventually they offered him three free services if he would go away.
    He rejected the offer and is now suing Toyota.

  5. #5

    Re: Colorado v d-max

    Think my 2010 Dmax is pretty good- no concerns yet. Friends with both Dmax s and Colorados seem happy with their purchases.

  6. #6

    Re: Colorado v d-max

    dmax /collie ....way out dated ....the collie is terrible inside ...grey velour ???? wtf ...

  7. #7

    Re: Colorado v d-max

    I tried a lot of various dual cabs and was surprised at the way each of them felt and drove. Id suggest your old man drives each of the two stated and others especially if it is his retirement car. You want to be happy with your purchase.

  8. #8

    Re: Colorado v d-max

    currently using colorado 2012 LTZ towing 2.7T brought brand new ..
    no
    problems at all got 210k on the clock and running strong, havent change battery on it yet lol, off road wheels on it since new, started to get rust on tow bar now.. dam that rust protection chip is failing me LOL....
    ALOT of
    vibration near 150km/hr but i think it due to my wheels lol... 6 minor car crash... realli get around to bull bar someday, 1 major crash but was repairable...
    it still alive and strong lol

    cant say much dmax,

    currently waiting on new ford release.. seem there back to the 5 cyc engine, it just looks pretty but still gonna get one lol

  9. #9

    Re: Colorado v d-max

    The Colorado has more grunt but the engines dont last I hear.
    Dmax a bit less grunt but a very robust 3 Litre engine that will go the distance.
    My mate just bought an auto Dmax and he loves it.
    I have a 2009 Dmax myself and its been great.
    Id get another Dmax if I was upgrading.
    My brother has a 2014 Colorado which ive been in many times seems fine but im hearing too much about dynamax motors causing dramas down the track.
    Cheers

  10. #10

    Re: Colorado v d-max

    Thanks everyone

    the old man ordered a dmax yesterday.
    His decision was made by the smoothness and reputation of the engine.

    Hopefully it serves him well.

    Thanks
    Rob

  11. #11

    Re: Colorado v d-max

    Good choice mate hes made the right decision 👍

  12. #12

    Re: Colorado v d-max

    Quote Originally Posted by Dean1 View Post
    The Colorado has more grunt but the engines dont last I hear.
    Dmax a bit less grunt but a very robust 3 Litre engine that will go the distance.
    My mate just bought an auto Dmax and he loves it.
    I have a 2009 Dmax myself and its been great.
    Id get another Dmax if I was upgrading.
    My brother has a 2014 Colorado which ive been in many times seems fine but im hearing too much about dynamax motors causing dramas down the track.
    Cheers
    more friend of a friend shit. Mate , my collie has done close to 30,000km without an issue. I have scoured the internet and cant find a damn thing against the Duramax motors.
    So, I have no idea were you get your info. Please share it with us.
    Also, how can you compare a model TWO FULL updates ago?
    Not saying Dmax is a bad car before you jump up and down. But please facts not fiction.

  13. #13

    Re: Colorado v d-max

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy56 View Post
    more friend of a friend shit. Mate , my collie has done close to 30,000km without an issue. I have scoured the internet and cant find a damn thing against the Duramax motors.
    So, I have no idea were you get your info. Please share it with us.
    Also, how can you compare a model TWO FULL updates ago?
    Not saying Dmax is a bad car before you jump up and down. But please facts not fiction.
    Geez Andy i really hit a nerve hey
    Before you think im bagging Holden im a holden fan through and through owned nothing but holdens all my life before this Isuzu.
    Yes well true its all word of mouth stuff.
    A guy at work owns 2 Dmaxs and was telling about his mechanic saying hes getting duramaxs coming in around 120,000klms with top end failures.
    And a yes 'friend of a friend' saying the same.
    Sorry if i came across bluntly about them but i guess id just rather a Dmax before a Collie.
    I loved my 05 Td 4x4 Rodeo before this Dmax.
    Cheers

  14. #14

    Re: Colorado v d-max

    techny collie and dmax is the same, consider there both common rail engine lol if you feel a different, then it becuz you tweat with the dyno and gearbox setting lol, this isnt a race car! your last service mostly changed it lol which cuz you to have problems later on lol, or u have modded it... now this is where all the annoying friend of a friend problems are!

    if you put off road wheels on it, without changing the shock absorbers your a tool
    if you change the magz on it for been a tool, it become unstable due to weight ratio therefore need a dyno setting change
    if you heighten the car, it no longer factory setting, therefore u need change the dyno setting and gearbox ecu or you gonna enjoy unstable ride
    if you added more junk to it, such as more headlight, you'll make the car weaker.. the more watt you drain from the 147w engine the slower u get lol.. this is why police cars are factory set with cars over 210w for all there cool toys
    a dmax and collie is a 9.3sec car 0-100km... if u have sport setting modded u can get 7sec 0-100 so expect rev 3-4
    if u put a bull bar on it, it'll be much slower... the weight is 50/50.. once u add thing to it, it become 60/40... remember it still a RWD not a TRUE 4x4 like a subaru (only if the had utes)
    if your towing and not 4x4 then your just asking for it and if your not manual control your gonna over heat
    if your loading and not on 4x4 expect to tip

    thing like structure failure all come under warranty, like tow bar breaking, or rear seat rocking lol
    remember cars frame are machine built, seats and the rest are man built.. man are silly we have mistake, so expect 1/10 car to have problems lol

  15. #15

    Re: Colorado v d-max

    Quote Originally Posted by mitc69 View Post
    techny collie and dmax is the same, consider there both common rail engine lol if you feel a different, then it becuz you tweat with the dyno and gearbox setting lol, this isnt a race car! your last service mostly changed it lol which cuz you to have problems later on lol, or u have modded it... now this is where all the annoying friend of a friend problems are!

    if you put off road wheels on it, without changing the shock absorbers your a tool
    if you change the magz on it for been a tool, it become unstable due to weight ratio therefore need a dyno setting change
    if you heighten the car, it no longer factory setting, therefore u need change the dyno setting and gearbox ecu or you gonna enjoy unstable ride
    if you added more junk to it, such as more headlight, you'll make the car weaker.. the more watt you drain from the 147w engine the slower u get lol.. this is why police cars are factory set with cars over 210w for all there cool toys
    a dmax and collie is a 9.3sec car 0-100km... if u have sport setting modded u can get 7sec 0-100 so expect rev 3-4
    if u put a bull bar on it, it'll be much slower... the weight is 50/50.. once u add thing to it, it become 60/40... remember it still a RWD not a TRUE 4x4 like a subaru (only if the had utes)
    if your towing and not 4x4 then your just asking for it and if your not manual control your gonna over heat
    if your loading and not on 4x4 expect to tip

    thing like structure failure all come under warranty, like tow bar breaking, or rear seat rocking lol
    remember cars frame are machine built, seats and the rest are man built.. man are silly we have mistake, so expect 1/10 car to have problems lol
    What the hell is this unadulterated garbage ? Maybe you should stay off the booze before posting bahahahaha... Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us