Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colorado v d-max

Re: Colorado v d-max

lol bluefin i thought the same....it hurt my brain to read that ...

No Dean1, you didnt hit a nerve. I am not a passionate GM guy. I just hate speculative bullshit. Well known problems that nobody knows about. See Mr Parson's thread.
    I bought the collie because here in thailand most of the these SUVs came with rear drum brakes and no GPS. I got a better deal too. The competition came from Toyota Fortuner, rear drums , no GPS and total bullshit folding third seat. , Isuzu Mux10 I thought was not so hot with very vague steering, rear drums and no GPS. and Mitsubishi what ever, Just too ugly for me. Drove all of them and the Collie had the best feel to me. Sure its not a perfect vehicle, but its very capable and proven to be reliable so far. No rattles or vibrations. Its now one year old and I see all the others have caught up in some departments. Toyota has discovered 6 speed autos too, lol. If I was to buy now, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy56 View Post
    No Dean1, you didnt hit a nerve. I am not a passionate GM guy. I just hate speculative bullshit. Well known problems that nobody knows about. See Mr Parson's thread.
    I bought the collie because here in thailand most of the these SUVs came with rear drum brakes and no GPS. I got a better deal too. The competition came from Toyota Fortuner, rear drums , no GPS and total bullshit folding third seat. , Isuzu Mux10 I thought was not so hot with very vague steering, rear drums and no GPS. and Mitsubishi what ever, Just too ugly for me. Drove all of them and the Collie had the best feel to me. Sure its not a perfect vehicle, but its very capable and proven to be reliable so far. No rattles or vibrations. Its now one year old and I see all the others have caught up in some departments. Toyota has discovered 6 speed autos too, lol. If I was to buy now, who knows.
    You'd probably but a Navara now LOL

Quote Originally Posted by goona View Post
    You'd probably but a Navara now LOL
    No actually. That cumbersome turning circle is a fail to me. It is a good drive outside of town but in town its a pain. My Bro-in law has one. I have borrowed it many times. All these cars are miles from perfection. Just which imperfections are you willing to tolerate?

It's a Holden. Same as It's a Toyota.
    not on my list. ever. Ford and Patrol only.

Seriously.
    Before I ever buy a new (to me) make or model of vehicle.

I always go to dealers workshops. and ask foreman which veh/model of. He gets the least of,
    in for patching.and what to watch out for.
    Most are decent blokes and will spend a coupla minutes with you
    their word is worth a lot.
    Find a transport co that runs what you looking at.
    Same thing. Workshops. and ask.
    They have nothing to lie about. and the experience of using the vehicle.
    with proven miles on the road. WITH different drivers.
    They'll all tell you that makes a big difference. Drivers.

On the grapevine. D-Max 3 ltr good for 400+ km's. Holden 2.8 has lotsa problems??.
    Only what you hear and read. but too many times to ignore.
    and Holden don't have the best reputation. with running gear/propulsion.
    I've towed a few over the yrs, specially when they towing something.

The D-Max does have a terrible turning circle, specially when coming from a GU.
    Earlier Navara had half the radius too.I always back into a bay.

But that above thing about top ends going around 120k. I know a lot of people with work utes and private with waay more miles than that and nothing said. A friend in Melb. runs over 20 D-Max and prev Toyota utes for deliveries.
    He swears by them and he has a few left of the Holden Rodeo's. 3 ltrs.
    Can't kill them in his words.

yea, on the grape vine is real informative. I scoured the net on holden forums, 4wd forums, duramax and.........zilch. If they had problems it would be all over the place. Holden dont have........etc etc. Which Holden are you refering to? Too many generalizations. Its like saying Nissan had issues with the 3ltr diesel so therefore all Nissan are crap. My Nissan X trail towed my signature without a problem went to 260,000km with spending a dime. Personally, i dont swear by any car. I just call it as i see it, not what someone else swears is true. If there is a specific problem, sure I'd like to hear about it. But thats not what I read.
    Look I know your intentions are well meaning, but if everyone sent off generalised opinions, you wouldnt buy anything.

Go to workshops and ask fitters/foremen..

THEY the ones that know....
    I never buy a new to me veh, without asking fitters of that brand first.
    Same as anything else I buy. Ask the people that work on them or use them. First.

Duramax diesel's have been used in the states for quite a while I am led to believe and are a tried/tested and reliable engine from all reports..

The friend of a friend stuff is just someone spruiking what he drives and running down the rest to someone!

I've got a 2014 dmax, never had a drama! U won't go wrong with the dmax! But take em for a drive n see what u like best

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FWIW one of the Colorados at work 2015 model with 19k on the clock has just burnt/blown a hole in Number 4 piston..........I was driving this vehicle the day before it happened and it had no tell tail signs I was aware of to indicate any upcoming problems......
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Watto79 View Post
    Duramax diesel's have been used in the states for quite a while I am led to believe and are a tried/tested and reliable engine from all reports..

The friend of a friend stuff is just someone spruiking what he drives and running down the rest to someone!
    The 2.8 Duramax has never been available in the US. Their Colorado gets the 3.6 V6 commodore motor.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to