Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rescue in the Pine River

Re: Rescue in the Pine River

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Damn wankicorn's
    They're everywhere

Pine was full of people yesterday, had to tow one lot people in that apparently ran out of fuel 100m before the ramp, again I dont mind helping but running out of fuel is pretty careless. oh and no thank you either.
    I always carry an extra 5 litres for the just in case especially when prawning as the motor runs non stop.
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Hey Pixie, there was absolutely nothing "personal" in it mate, just pointing out things can go south, no matter how well we prepare.

Fair call though if they had trouble starting it, & after a tow discussed heading back out. That's just asking for strife, & yes, wrecking someones day out.

Crunchy, I'll show you what a beat down is one day you knucklehead

Tony

Geezzzzz Did you forget your chill pills today Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Geezzzzz Did you forget your chill pills today Tony
    Come on mate, you know I'm a pacifist.

Its part of my gentle, loving nature

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Come on mate, you know I'm a pacifist.

Its part of my gentle, loving nature
    I think you need a fishing fix
    And maybe tow some breakdowns in over the Noosa Bar for a good cause.
    It'll make you feel warm & fuzzy on the inside Hehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by PixieAU View Post
    Hey Goona. I was there when those guys turned up and then when you pulled in with his boat

I asked the guys about their day and they were petty cranky. I saw them unhitch the trailer and drive off. I think one of them stopped to have a spew before they even left the carpark.

That poor fella you towed in seemed pretty dazed while he waited for you. He had no clue what to do. I think he was surprised his brother abandoned him like that.

Anyway, big kudos to you sir for not only towing him back but taking your trailer home, coming all the way back and then taking him and his trailer home as well. Back to Kalangur was it? I heard mention Donnybrook at one stage.
    HI Pixie, Yep he did mention donnybrook as I think this is where his dad lives. His brother lived at Kallangur and where he was staying for a few weeks. I was more than happy to take him to Donnybrook and was a bit apprehensive to take him to his brothers house especially seeing as though there were a fair few beers drunk. They all seemed pretty fired up. Anyway he insisted on not taking him to Donnybrook so took him to Kallangur. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them had a chuck and I hope the driver wasn't intoxicated driving home. I did see the car there so they did make it home. I hope the guy that I dropped of went all right but I wasn't sticking around as it wasn't my concern. I tell you what though I did keep an eye on the house when I was un hooking the trailer just in case one came out.
    Goona

Good stuff Goona,

It is good to know there are good people are around who help out when things go south.
    I haven't needed to call on help (thankfully), If (when?) I make a mess of something I hope that what goes around comes around !

After all, we're all in it for the same reason of getting out boating/fishing and having a good time.

Some people do make you wonder though - being prepared is a good thing.

Good on ya goona, at what stage do you stop helping some guys. There's a large sailing cat here in the northern Pumistone Passage that has been coming adrift with the winds and high tides, I keep calling the coast guard to notify him and he does come out and reposition it, he really needs a second anchor, it had drifted again yesterday (and one of the beacons near it now has a decided lean) but luckily got stuck on a sandbank, an area I would have liked to flick for flatties. He has a long history but you still have to do something, it's a shame really as a bit of a tidy up and it would be a great vessel.

Interesting story and good question where do you stop helping some guys. I remember many years ago not long after I bought my first boat I ran into a gentleman in a dingy at Donnybrook who needed a tow. I don't recall the reason (fuel?) but I do remember seeing all the beer cans in his boat when I stopped. I ended up towing him back to within about 1 km of the ramp (this was about 7 am) and told him to row the rest of the way. I figured by the time he rowed back to the ramp he might be sober enough to drive, and If he was still where I left him when I came back 6 hours later I would tow him the rest of the way.

The Pine River is like the lawless wild west. Has anyone ever seen a Police or Patrol boat up there ? I've spent a fair bit of time there over summer taking the kids tubing, as it's close to home. Always see people drinking, overloaded boats (usually small tinny's) not to mention people that clearly dont know which side they should be passing on.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerTrance View Post
    The Pine River is like the lawless wild west. Has anyone ever seen a Police or Patrol boat up there ? I've spent a fair bit of time there over summer taking the kids tubing, as it's close to home. Always see people drinking, overloaded boats (usually small tinny's) not to mention people that clearly dont know which side they should be passing on.
    One of the reasons I don't go there anymore. Last time I was there, was waiting behind a bloke that was so pissed, he fell into the drink three times whilst trying to retrieve his tinny.
    That and the fact of blokes going the knuckle at Deepwater Bend ramp.Dont mind putting up with aggro when I am at work and getting paid for it, just don't like it on my time off.
    Shawn

Must be something in the air up there.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...dff79f135d1ca3

Bit like Deliverance - Squeal Piggy!!!
    Get outta there if you hear Banjo's playing

Crickey, imagine what's it's like 35 km north of there

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Crickey, imagine what's it's like 35 km north of there
    I know, go that bit further north and see what it's like at Verrierdale Noosaville
    I think there's a loose cannon loose up there in the woods