Thread: Moreton Bay fishing

Moreton Bay fishing

I am new to the Moreton Bay region(Redcliffe / Scarborough) and I am an avid offshore fisho originally from Nth Coast NSW. Bay fishing is somewhat foreign to me and hoping some of you kind hearted Ausfish counterparts might be able to give me the heads up ( I dont expect coordinates) on target species such as snapper,cobia,Kingfish,mackerel etc.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and I would be happy to catch up and shout a beer to anyone in the area who can assist.

Re: Moreton Bay fishing

There was a highly regarded post on this subject many years ago that might be worth looking though. The OP took his opening post down for some reason but if you read through the rest of the comments you may find some useful hints. There are a few copies of the OP floating around so someone may be able to send you one if you ask nice

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...Bcatch+%2Bfeed

cobia, mackerel and tuna around the beacons, clean water and coffee rock. 30lb will subdue majority of the time

snaps and assorted reefies around the rubble, reef, ledges and spoil ground areas. fish light for non dirty fighters

artificial reef marks easily obtainable on the net, other areas are marked on maps or gps

whiting on the banks and edges. fish light

best to fish areas that are marking bait.

keep a diary to where you find fish on each moon phase, wind direction, tide ect

good luck

Lee

Thanks leathal and crunchy