Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What fluid New Wet Box 1 Kw Transducer

Re: What fluid New Wet Box 1 Kw Transducer

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    So koastal, how would it be doing drifts in 60 metre water in the 50 khz freq. ?
    The cone angle is much greater on 50 khz,(25 deg from memory) but the definition will be significantly less.

Fundamentally not what low frequency is designed for. Run it on dual and see what you think.

Ok good. I have the P66 still installed so both plugs will be Available at the helm so will be easy to change them when in shallower water
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Quote Originally Posted by joffo81 View Post
    Thanks Odes. I like the idea and will put some thought into possibly moving my own transducer. I definitely agree that it would be one less thing to think about when launching/beaching the vessel. I guess you're lucky that you already know the position that you should get a good reading from! Trial and error would be required by me!
    Good luck with the install and let us all know how your readings are when you are done.
    So i went wide last night and tested the 1 kw 260. Having the p66 still installed was good so I could do a comparison, and it proved to ,be quite a difference. The 260 gives me an awesome image underway, even in 65'metres i am getting a clean image at 45 - 50 km which for me is awesome.
    Then i tried the p 66 in same conditions and the image was a lot more washed out, sparse looking.
    Doing drifts also with the 1'kw in 65 metre water was also brilliant as far as sighting fish on the bottom around structure.
    We did pretty well overnight with a good run of drifts
    here is the catchimage.jpg
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"